OT? Telnet utility with a GUI screen

Telnet under the Win7 command window is a pain, I also find that it
throws up some spurious characters when editing source files. Any
suggestions re a telnet counterpart that provides full windows
capability, including scroll bars, font and colour selection? Googling
Telnet seems to come up with nothing but .... Telnet.

Re: OT? Telnet utility with a GUI screen

Try searching for PuTTY and Tera Term.

http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/index.html.en

Simon.

Re: OT? Telnet utility with a GUI screen

+1. Putty is a single executable that fits nicely on a thumb drive.
Installation is... copying one file. It also does serial ports
and SSH. There may be SCP under it; I forget.

Tera Term is fine, but more of  a mess.

--
Les Cargill

Re: OT? Telnet utility with a GUI screen

You could install cygwin, which includes an X server and xterms, but
that's a bit like hitting a nail with a sledgehammer.
--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs

It also includes a decent telnet client and console window if you'd
like to try a smaller hammer...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Maybe I should have
                                  at               asked for my Neutron Bomb