screen recording utility for Linux

Hello!

Can someone recommend a screen recording utility for Linux, something like Macromedia Captivate or Course Maker for Windows?

I need the software which can record everything I do on desktop or some program including mouse movements. And I dont need any of those AVI or MPG recorders, I need it to be able to save or export to swf or fla format. Avi recorders combined with AVI2SWF convertors are no use because they make series of screenshots and put them into swf causing large files.

Someone recommended mi vnc2swf. Please, recommend anything else that you know of, I wanna know is there something more advanced than this?

If not, is there a way to make Macromedia Captivate work under Linux? (maybe dumb question, but I am fresh user of Linux Fedora).

Thank you for any advice you have!

--
Vesna
www.foto.moljac.hr