IBIS2SPICE Utility?

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Hi Jim, As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Yep. Probably as useful as EDIF :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

And it generates B-type behavioral form :-(

Where might I find a cross-reference? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Charlie,

Isn't IBIS really just a behavioral language?

If so it should be amenable to simple translation. PSpice behavioral capability is outstanding! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Hi Jim, Actually, it should be. I know that, back in the PSpiceHDL days, they were going to just have PSpice accept IBIS directly. It wasn't that different from the digital IO models they already have. However, they then laid off the entire PSpice development team... :-(

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Of course !-)

I think I'll write a converter. I'm (slowly) learning PowerBasic, after YEARS away from Pascal ;-)

And I'm finally starting to get hits on model making.

Of course, ALL work from overseas... the US is DEAD :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature