Spice with gui

Hello Is there any spice freeware available with GUI (i.e. draw the circuit and simulate). I have used 5Spice up to now, but only a trial version, now I wonder if there are similar free versions on the market.

regards e.

Reply to
doneirik

Doneirik,

wonder if there are similar free versions on the market.

LTSpice:

greetings, Tom

Reply to
Tom

Regards, Damir

Reply to
Damir

MicroCap8 is good -- works fast, feels right in the hand -- but very pricey: $4000 on their web page. The library in the freebie is limited, which of course, limits its usefulness. You can add models to it, and the import tools are quite good, but you can't easily overlay blanked out library entries. They're right to protect their revenue stream, but I wish there were a middle ground. I would pay a couple hundred for an unhampered, non-commercial license.

Reply to
Mike Young

The demo of SuperSpice actually allows quite a lot of components. 30 on a top level schematic, and 25 on a lower level schematic, giving a total of 30*25 if you make all the top components reference schematics.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Do you know what freeware really means?:))

Reply to
Damir

In the Linux and FSF use of the word, yes. With very few exceptions, they are well intentioned but incomplete attempts at building the real thing, embarked upon usually as an experiment or learning experience, often by those unqualified to do so. Not to be too harsh on them or the concept in general, but they are largely unfinished and if supported at all, perpetually still evolving toward usefulness.

As I said, I don't wish to be harsh on them. I build small circuits to play with things, as experiments and vehicles for learning, not new ideas and certainly not to inflict them on anyone else. Stripped down commercial software often suits those modest hobby needs. As "freeware" goes, demo versions of commercial software are usable within their limitations. In contrast to freeware, which are mostly arcane in their specialness, and generally soak more time and cause more frustration than what the "real" thing would have cost. Again, it wasn't my intention to bash the good intentions. There are... Ah, forget it.

Reply to
Mike Young

Dear oh dear, another MS employee spreading FUD. You could repeat the above paragraph replacing Linux with commercial software and it would be just as true.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

My program Hec will almost certainly fulfill your expectations... Try it ;-)

Regards, Sven Wilhelmsson

Reply to
Sven Wilhelmsson

In article , Mike Young wrote: [...]

I use Linux at home and at work these days.

In both cases, LTSpice works quite well for me. I suspect that the fact that a very good package works well under Linux is going to prevent people from finishing any of the other projects that were started before LTSpice because available.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

You evidently haven't seen Slackware 10.2 and KDE 3.4.2 yet. It's pretty snazzy! ...

Oh, OK.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

Emacs??!?!?!?!?!?!??????!!!!!

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

The other night, I shared a bottle of wine with a friend by the glow of a small LED "candle". "If this were the only light in the world," I told her, "we would be kings."

:)

Reply to
Mike Young

You dare to mock the One True Editor?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yeah, like most outdated religeous things, its worshiped only by a few has been hacks.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell