Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

This processor seems to have many desirable features and I was wondering if
the Memec eval board is available yet. Has anyone tried the eval board or
the processors? Or are the Oki eval boards available instead?
Chris

Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

I am pretty sure you can get an OKI ARM eval board for the ML674000 or
maybe it was the ML674001.  These chips have no onchip flash, but rather
have external flash.  So there are some differences between them and the
flash versions.  They are also coming out with a board with the
ML67Q5003 chip which is faster and has the full 512 KB of internal
flash.  At least this is what they are telling me.  But both boards are
around $600.

On the other hand, Cogent is coming out with an ML67Q5003 board which
will go for about $200.  They won't sell it direct, but you can contact
Nohau about it among others.  Sten Larson at Nohau has been very helpful
keeping me informed about this board.  They may bundle a copy of the GNU
tools with it, I can't remember.  http://cogcomp.com/ I have been told
it will be ready early November since they have final versions of the
board now.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

I found the email where Cogent described the board.

You heard correct.  It will have:

1. Oki ML67Q5003
2. 32Mbytes of external Flash
3. 8Mbytes SDRAM
4. 256KBytes of external SRAM
5. 10/100 Ethernet Controller
6. Dual RS232 Serial Ports
7. 7-Segment LED

This board will not be available from Cogent directly, but may be
resold by Nohau ( it will definitely be sold by Oki distributors).
Tine frame is about 1 month as we have just finished testing the
prototypes.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

AFIK - it is available. I have an early rev here that I'm working
with. The big difference between the price - Memec ~$200, OKI ~$500
(here in the US).

Additionally, OKI has a board based on ML67Q4003 (.5MB internal
flash), also priced at about $500. I have been working with that board
for 6 months now.

Sten Larsson
snipped-for-privacy@YEShau.com  (change YES to NO)
Nohau Corp
http://www.nohau.com/arm-overview.html

Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board
Thanks Rickman and Sten.
I am looking into the Memec board. I am living in Tokyo right now so it
makes sense that I am trying to buy the OKI board directly from the Japanese
disties here, but it is quite expensive. I am trying to contact Memec Hong
Kong to get the OKI board which may be good enough for my purposes. I am
interested in the Cogent board, but waiting a month for it seems a bit long.
Anyone have an idea on the proposed price?

How is it working with the OKI parts? Also, is it possible to use ADS 1.2
and Multi-Ice with the OKI parts? They seem to be pushing the Realview
platform.

Thanks.
Chris

Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

The Cogent board is $200.

You can use any JTAG system you want I expect.  This is just another ARM
7DTMI with analog and digital periperals.  OKI is not a big player in
the MCU world and my guess is they want to limit their involvement in
support of tools.  But how many problems can there be?   ;)

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

Japanese
Hong
long.
1.2

Do you have one ordered? I couldn't see anythig about those boards.  If you
do could you post a note here when you get it?

Thanks
Ralph

Re: Memec's Oki ARM ML674000 Eval Board

No, I don't have one ordered.  I have in my hand an Atmel board with the
55800 on it which I originally planned to use.  I may go with this just
to get on with the initial effort of hosting Forth on an ARM platform.
Then repeat the effort (which should be much *less* effort the second
time) on the Cogent board when I get it.

They don't have it listed on their web site, but it has the basics which
I believe I posted earlier.

From an email from Cogent...

1. Oki ML67Q5003
2. 32Mbytes of external Flash
3. 8Mbytes SDRAM
4. 256KBytes of external SRAM
5. 10/100 Ethernet Controller
6. Dual RS232 Serial Ports
7. 7-Segment LED

He also said all the CPU pins will be available on headers.  A boot
monitor will make Ethernet and Flash programming available.  It will
include schematics.  He did *not* say anything about the GNU tools for
the ARM.

He did not say anything about JTAG, but I expect a connector will be on
board.  I don't think Nohau would be interested without it.

I'll be happy to post here when I get one.