HiTech Global Eval boards?

Hello

I need a large Virtex-5 FPGA like the SX95T on a PCIe board with DDR2 memory. HiTech Global has a variety of boards with these features but I rarely here that company mentioned on this newsgroup.

Does anyone out there have experience with HiTech Global eval boards? How is their quality and documentation?

Any replies about HiTech Global would be very helpful.

Pete

Reply to
pdudley1

I have experience with one of their V4FX-60-based boards that comes on a PCI card. The board itself was good. There was no active heat dissipation on the board, which would be a problem if a large portion of that FPGA was actively being used.

The documentation was pretty decent, so long as you don't mind the Japanese. I did run into problems with the ethernet support on the board since it was entangled with NDA's. They totally omitted the schematics for the FPGAPHY connections from the PDFs supplied (unlike Xilinx) and made a statement about having to contact them and Marvell about getting the access to the necessary information to be able to even build an FPGA image using it.

Their example was from an old version of EDK, compared to what I was using at the time (8.2 I think). Their example project was also lacking in that not all of the interfaces on the board/FPGA had examples for the connections.

Many of Hi-Tech's boards are made by Inrevium (from Japan), and just resold/labeled here in the US by Hi-Tech.

HTH, Mike

Reply to
morphiend