MCF5282 Coldfire Compiler

I have to compile a project using a Coldfire compiler valid for MCF5282. Taking
a look over the Internet I've found the compiler (gcc), but it is in source
form.

I want to use gcc because it's freeware, but I have to use a Win2K platform and
I'm a beginner about GCC building issues.

So, my question is: is there anybody who have already built the gcc for
Coldfire ? Could you send me a link where to download the built compiler
version running on Win2K ?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

/Alessandro Strazzèro

Re: MCF5282 Coldfire Compiler
snipped-for-privacy@inwind.it (Alessandro Strazzèro) wrote in

Just download the cygwin package for Win32, gcc is in there already
compiled.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: MCF5282 Coldfire Compiler

<SNIP>

For coldfire?

--

John Devereux

Re: MCF5282 Coldfire Compiler

For me it does make sense to suggest using a dedicated Linux box for this
kind of development. Cygwin, as development environment, does nothing more
than provide a UNIX/LINUX like environment (but does it very good!) So I
ask: why not using a native LINUX development platform for this kind of
Cross development for the ColdFire? What do you need from Windows in this
case? Take one of your old Pentium xyz, install Linux, ColdFire
cross-tools, login from Windows, that's it.
It even makes more sense if you try to compile for a Linux target on the
ColdFire.

Only my 2 ¢
Regards
 Heinz