ColdFire -- MCF5282

Hello Members

I want some help on MCF5282, the ColdFire series of Processors.

First and foremost, where do i start off from, considering that am pretty new to the ColdFire arch???

What are my options as well as opensource Compilers , Debuggers are concerned??? Is there something based of the Eclipse Platform , like there are plugins for ARM???

Also, where can i find some Online Tutorials, that can help me kickstart my work???

Any useful inputs will be very helpful at this stage.

thanks & regards

Krish

Reply to
techie.embedded

Krish,

The SnapGear linux distribution has good coldfire support. And it has at least one 5282 device config already included (Avnet5282). All info is here:

  | Damion de Soto --------------------------------------------------
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Damion de Soto

Hi Damion

thanks for that.. that gives me something to start off with

I'm also looking for QEMU, so that i can run uCLinux on windows( MCF5282 being my target device )...

I've not been able to find the installation files for QEMU. will appreciate if you can give me some hints or tips on how to get the whole thing set up.

regards

techie. > Krish,

Reply to
techie.embedded

If I understand this correctly (I'm investigating on doing Eclipse for ARM development), Eclipse does not need to know about the CPU architecture. You need to set up Eclipse with CDT and create a cross compile environment with the GNU tools for your processor. Eclipse makes/uses a make file that cross compiles using the gnu tools and interfaces to the appropriate cross GDB. the cross GDB on the PC in turn interfaces via serial or Ethernet link with the GDB kernel running in the Linux on the Target CPU.

hope that helps,

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Hello,

This Link will help you :-)

There you can download Qemu for win32 platform, documentation is included.

Regards, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian