looking for panel mount outlet

[this looks like OT, but hey, the project uses a micro too :-) ]

Hi, I'm looking for a panel mount outlet for Euro-type power plugs (that's the

13mm high, two-pin dingus, no earth pin). Preferably snap-mounting (1.5mm Al).

I have a bunch of 4mm plugs here (Farnell #149-546), but they're not touch-safe; 230V AC you know. TIA

Steven

Reply to
steven

Sounds like IEC C8 (Figure 8) connector, lots of manufacturers and distributors including Farnell.

It is pretty difficult to get equipment touch safe to meet Class II without adding your own internal barrier behind the C8 connector for most manufacturers.

Depending on what market the device is meant for you might have to double fuse the equipment as well.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

the

Nononono! No no, no, I don't mean that one. What I mean is

That's the plug, and now I need a socket for it. I once saw one with a high rim, which would make mounting on a metal panel quite safe. (The rim makes it impossible to insert just one pin in the plug.) Unfortunately I can't remember the manufaturer or distributor :-( Thanks anyway for answering.

Steven

Reply to
steven

Ah you mean the other end of the cable that replicates the wall socket!

Generically you will find these mainly in use as three "pin" versions as the "Schuko" plug.

Also two pin only versions can be found on "Shaver Adapeters".

I would consider trying to search electrical stores/distributors for standard mounting outlets for building wiring and using a faceplate version that is normally wall mounted. Unless of course this is too large for the box.

The German or Netherlands sites for Farnell and others should list these. This may be a start point, but large for standard wall box mounting Farnell 259-299.

Also this may be a place to look at (not much on the web page though)

If your German is good this may be helpful

Easier now I know which end you were refering to :-)

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

high

makes

Found it! In case somebody else is interested:

Art.no. 738425-99 on

It has a (poor) scan of a drawing (pdf @
indicating Weltron. Weltron is a distri, not a manufacturer, and I couldn't find the item (CN-3150) on the Weltron site. The doc suggests that the mfg is Spanish, but that's it :-(

Again, thanks Paul for the replies.

Reply to
steven