Help with programming an 8272 to work with Micron MT48KC16M16A2 RAM

We are trying to program a MPC8272 to work with some Micron MT48KC16M16A2 SDRAM, and we are not having much success. I am wondering if anyone has a link to either an app note that details how to program the memory controller registers to work with this memory or some sample code that does it.

Thanks!

-larry

Reply to
Larry.Martell

You might take a look at the u-boot code for the mpc8260ads board. It looks like it supports the MPC8272 and SDRAM.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

Thanks for the reply. We had already looked at the u-boot code, and we were doing the same thing. We did finally get this working with some help from Freescale.

-- There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Reply to
Larry.Martell