Programming the old Spartan S3E Sample Board

Folks,

I bought a couple of these on Ebay as they were cheap but I am having fun trying to program them. The program is normally stored in a Strata Flash me mory on the board but the Digilent Adapt software doesn't talk to that type of flash.

I can see from an old post that Antti Lukats created some software to pro gram the flash using the JTAG interface, but the link on xilant.com seems d ead. Does any one know if this software is available elsewhere for download , or is it possible some one can send me a copy?

Dave

Reply to
dave.g4ugm

trying to program them. The program is normally stored in a Strata Flash memory on the board but the Digilent Adapt software doesn't talk to that type of flash.

program the flash using the JTAG interface, but the link on xilant.com seems dead. Does any one know if this software is available elsewhere for download, or is it possible some one can send me a copy?

I did some work with those those boards several years ago. I have an archive of information that includes the Digilent "S3ESP Configurator Setup.msi", which I believe I used to program them. As I recall it would only work with the Digilent parallel port programming cable (with a real, built-in LPT port, not a USB version). The archive (which includes PDF user guide and sample projects) is about 13MB, the Setup file is less than 1MB. Would you like me to send one of those to you?

Chris

Reply to
chrisabele