deleated bios?

Hi

I have an ibm thinkpad x23, and shut it down about an hour ago. When I went to reboot , all the lights come on then they go off and only the light with the z in a circle stays on. The screen stays blank and the hard drive spins. Could I have deleated the bios when I added memory (shocked the motherboard?)

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
acprkit

I was watching TV (Panasonic) and cleaning my ears with the screwdriver. Then I noticed that there is no sound from TV. Please help! Tell me how to fix the Panasonic.

There is a newsgroup called alt.idiot.stupid. Perhaps, you should address your question there.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

WD0x28 would help

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

You won't have deleted the BIOS but you've either put in bad memory or shocked the board with static. Take the memory out and see if it starts working again. If not then you've learned an expensive lesson about why anti-static precautions are important.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Ooh. Harsh.

;)