TEK 475 Scope-stopped

Hi,

My favorite old TEK 475 Scope has suddenly stopped working. Symptoms are: No trace, screen is blank, intensity and focus control do nothing. Beam Finder shows a dim small circle middle of screen. When power is turned off, circle like BEAM FINDER same size is visble and bright for a breif moment. Panel LEDS are lighted and do respond to switches being changed. Screen graticule cannot be seen.

Any suggestions are welcome. I currently do not have an adequate service manual, just module layout and parts list. I am looking but cannot find the TEKTRONIX scope forum. Thanks for any help. Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

Hi Hugh,

My favorite old TEK 475 Scope has suddenly stopped working. Symptoms are: No trace, screen is blank, intensity and focus control do nothing. Beam Finder shows a dim small circle middle of screen. When power is turned off, circle like BEAM FINDER same size is visble and bright for a breif moment. Panel LEDS are lighted and do respond to switches being changed. Screen graticule cannot be seen.

Any suggestions are welcome. I currently do not have an adequate service manual, only OPERATORS MANUAL and just module layout and parts list. I am looking but cannot find the TEKTRONIX scope forum. Lacking a schematic is really flying blind. Will find cost of a complete SERVICE MANUAL.

I've really not had good luck with USED scopes lasting for years. Have not had this scope very long. But it worked well while I had it. At the moment, I'm up to arm pits in many tasks so starting scope servicing is not what I wanted to start. My OLD antqiue TEK scope is still wroking which is a life saver.

MAybe I'll get lucky and find a blown fuse??????????????

73, W6MIK, dave
Reply to
Dave_s

Sounds like power supply issues to me. First and foremost, get a proper service manual. Second, use its info to check every electrolytic in the power supply section.

Happy hunting.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee