bios 1 beep then continuous until shutdown

hi,

i am troubleshooting a motherboard. Bios: Phoenix. Symptoms: During Power on. it beeps once (normal beep) then bios and cpu informations are displayed on the screen. As well as the message to press Del to enter setup. At this point, the computer hangs and beeps continously without pause until I turn the computer off. What I did so far were, place a silicon grease (heat sink cream) b/w cpu and heatsink. Memory was replaced. But the problem was not solved. I am thinking of a bad power supply now. But let me ask first if someone had already came across with this problem and can give me some troubleshooting guide. thanks in advance.

ian

Reply to
yhan

You didn't mention what mobo you're using, but mobos will do this if the memory timings aren't set correctly. Check with your mobo manual to find the cmos reset jumper. Turn off the pc, place the jumper to clear cmos and then power it up. You'll have to change your bios settings back the way you had them before, but be careful with the memory timings.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Actually, you may need to jumper the cmos reset pins only momentarily then place the jumper in normal position prior to powering up the pc again. Check with your mobo manual for details.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

unplug all external devices and see if booting contineus. rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl