Broadcom pinout..

Looking for any info about pinout of BCM6345 from Broadcom with embedded Linux, the board I have has a bunch of testpoints (suspect JTAG but it's not a standard layout) and a 4 pin connector which think might be a serial port (2x I/O, one GND and a 3.3V supply) which will allow me to watch the boot process.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

First hit google, or is this not the right one ??

Reply to
Donald

Yeah, that's the one, but there's not a datasheet or any pinout info there unless my eyes deceive?

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

If this is anything like other BroadCom devices (and I have designed in many), then full information about the device (including pinout) is only available under a NDA. I know that, because I have had to have an NDA with BroadCom (through my then employer) to access information on devices I designed into products.

So your chances of legally acquiring the information you need without BroadCom saying 'Yes' are very probably slim to none. The only route I can think of is to write to BroadCom and ask for the information.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Hmmm, not hopeful then. Not really prepared to sign NDA's because I might feel like posting info to the web in the future about how to recover from a bad flash etc.

Might spend some time and risk 'bricking' a working router before I do that, as I guess my chances of getting them to part with the info without me signing is pretty small.

Reply to
exlinkay