ARM7 development environment for uClinux

Hi All,

I would like to start a small project to woork on uClinux. I am searchin for a board of ARM7 core and the full development environment. So please suggest me which board i have to purchase, JTAG emulator an development environment with debugger. As i am doing it on my own, i wan to have all these things at the lowest cost possible. Even i m ready t rig up the circuits if the schematics available for JTAG connectors. Please help me out in bringing up the ARM7 development environment.

Thanks in advance, Abdul.

Reply to
abdul

Hi,

The same problem. Please help us.

Shankar nepal

Reply to
Shankar Pokharel

the cheapest ARM7 box that can run uclinux is juicebox

the units can be purchase for around 10USD JTAG connected needs to be hand fitted, or optionally it is possible to make your own nand-flash cartridge to load the OS

I have not a running linux on my juicebox, but I know it has been done I have tested the jtag stuff, wrote some test programs that all works nicely on juicebox.

sure 2MB RAM isnt much, but well for 10USD you get color display, ARM7 RAM, audio a few buttons and extension slot to my knowledge there isnt anything nearly as 'featured' for this price :)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Which software is useful for the reprogramming and debugging th programs...will ADS with wriggler JTAG do?

Reply to
abdul

pretty much any arm-jtag softwre with suitable cable would do, I used armtools with Xilinx Cable III

for making the own nand flash cartridge there is sufficent info on the elinux site read the xd card related info pages. I have done it sd described there and I was succesfull to start my own LCD test demo from nand card I had self made

Antti

Reply to
Antti

but where can i find the juicebox in 10USD? the minimum price i found was 47USD.

Reply to
Shankar Pokharel