Best IDE for Cross-Development on Linux

Hi Everybody,
I am relatively new to embedded-linux and am trying to build a
cross-development environment for PowerPC on Linux(x86).I have already
collected the GNU compiler,binutils,debugger,kernel sources,libraries,trace
tools etc for specific PowerPC architecture.
Please suggest me an open source IDE which can integrate these tools and
ease embedded linux development...something like DevRocket from montaVista.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
DSKR

Re: Best IDE for Cross-Development on Linux

Don't know what "DevRocket" is, but IMO the best development
environment for native as well as cross development is a decent
editor, make, ctags, bash, et al.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  YOW!! Up ahead! It's
                                  at               a DONUT HUT!!

KDevelop 3.0 (also known as Gideon, currently in beta 2) is an interesting
option (I added remote debugging capability not that long ago)
        http://www.kdevelop.org /

Eclipse is another alternative (written in Java)

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteċ

Take a look at Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org /). It takes a bit getting
used to but it does quite well. You need to get the Eclipse SDK as well as
the C/C++ module. Runs on many host systems (it's a Java app) and can deal
with standard Makefile stuff.

Rob

Re: Best IDE for Cross-Development on Linux

Has the C/C++ (used to be called CDT) plugin improved recently? Last time I
tried it was unusable. I second the command line toolchain along with your
favorite editor.
bob

Re: Best IDE for Cross-Development on Linux

I just migrated from UltraEdit and command line to Eclipse with C/C++ CDT
for a GCC based project running on Linux, Solaris, AIX, MacOS and Win32. I
run Eclipse on WinXP, but expect it to work equally well on any Unix flavor.
So far I have no complaints, it does what I want it to.

Rob

Site Timeline