Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Power switch kuh - thump !!!
I have a guitar preamp ( Marshall JMP-1 ) . When it powers up , there is very loud Kuh - thump on the output . How do I modify it to get rid of this annoying trait ? Thanks Chris
2
2

Automotive LED Light Modules
I have a working idea for making some LED Modules that I want to use in my SUV for Car Shows. I want to use a 12 volt positive and ground setup in a 3 by 3 LED configuration. I'm trying to figure out...
3
3

Info on MOSFET Inverter's response time
I'd like to find some info on MOSFET inverter's response time (rising edge and falling edge and driven by current source all that stuff) and I can't find any from google, can anyone kindly suggest any...
1
1

changing DC voltage
I want to regulate a peltier cooler. Manufacturer says they don't like to be switched on and off alot, they prefer changing input voltage. On the controller I have available a DAC output 0...2.5 VDC ....
3
3

AC Powered LED Circuits
I am interested in making my own AC powered LED lighting. I have replaced all my incandescents with the Home Depot style compact flourescents. I was surprised on how short lived they all are. I am...
8
8

Wind Vane
I found an article in a 1998 "Electronics Now" mag that shows how to build an electronic wind vane using a rotary encoder and a 74HC154 decoder which will send the signal to the correct LED. The...
1
1

Solenoid Actuated Poppet Valves
Could a solenoid be constructed to mimic the proper valve position vs time curve of a engine cam shaft? Maybe a circuit and/or several coils in each solenoid? It may be tricky or impossible to build...
18
18

12 volt battery connections
Hey! I'm 14 and I'm trying to power a small neon light that requires a 12 volts of electricity (usually for a car)with a 12 volt battery . I have an old rechargable battery from a toy car that I had...
4
4

Collector current
H.W help: The early voltage is 60V in a common-emitter configuration for a npn bipolar transistor. With Vbe = 0.65V and Vce = 1V collector current = 1.0mA, find the collector current when Vbe = 0.67V...
13
13

Multisim 2001
I want to upgrade my component database of Multisim 2001 Personal version, but the update asks for the Multisim Service Pack 1. It's not available on the Multisim site because support for 2001 version...

dvd screen from laptop screen
Hi. Just wondering, is it possible to make incar dvd screen from a used pentium svga laptopscreen. Best regards Viper
3
3

Need heater strip circuit
Hi, I posted recently a problem with a controller circuit kit that I constructed using a 7555 timer IC and a BUZ71A power mosfet transistor. Kim from this group thinks I blew the transistor, and she...
8
8

Clues on controller circuit problems
Hi, I'm not sure whether anyone can help with this problem but I though I would post on the of chance because I haven't a clue. I have made a 12 V speed controller/light dimmer circuit that came in...
2
2

Solar Panel availability
Just so you know...I was at Wal-Mart the other day, and noticed several different sized solar panels used to charge car batteries. They were sealed, water, and impact proof in a frame, and varied in...

Still confused with basics
Since an electrical outlet might be used for any size appliance it must contain a full/max current and then the appliance only uses what it needs... right? Does the appliance then reduce it? A simple...
17
17