Reccomendation on an introduction to EE Textbook

I've been interested in learning about electrical engineering for some time now.

I know a little bit about the basics from physics, but a refresher would not be unwelcome.

I was wondering if anyone would reccomend me a basic EE text book that can be used without supplementary lectures.

Thankyou.

Reply to
Edgar

Cambridge University Press publishes several.

"The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill is THE BOOK. It may be too advanced for you; take a look. Be sure to get the student guide by Hayes and Horowitz that goes along with it.

If that's too advanced, look at "Hands-On Electronics" (I forget the author's name).

I assume you're mainly wanting to learn how to design things. If you revel in differential equations, matrices, and idealized components that don't actually exist, then an entirely different kind of textbook is in order, and there are entirely too many of them! :)

Reply to
Michael A. Covington