Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CNC
Hi. I am looking for a basic single spindle hobby type 3 axis CNC that will allow me to rout up to 3.2mm FR4, Balsa and Ply wood (UK ish). I know Milinst do a nice machine but they stress LIGHT...
3
3

Help with power resistor markings & value?
Rectangular ceramic power resistor in a Braun handheld blender (120 vac) is open. Markings on resistor are: 206-8 R R47 10% * (That's 10 percent followed by a dot, in case the symbol doesn't show up...
9
9

UPS using 230kWh/year on its own
3
3

help: DIY antenna for portable CD player (?)
I've got one of these new portable cd players with a built-in FM tuner, and used to keep it on my desk at work to listen to the radio all the time. However, I've switched jobs and the radio reception...
6
6

touchplate dimmer switch oddity
In my front room, I have one of those dimmer switches where you touch a metal plate on the front to turn the light up or down. Sometimes it stops working, which I've always put down to dry skin or...
1
1

reading capacitor value from code printed on it?
I have a circuit board with a capacitor that needs replacing (it got burned when an adjacent triac went out). The capacitor is a small "bead" shape, and has the code: 1C4 ME5 printed on it. I can't...
4
4

DC Motor overvoltage
I want to run a 3.6V DC motor from a 12V battery. The motor will not run continously, only 0.5sec at a time with several seconds delay before it will run again. Can I do this without damaging the...
8
8

Need help with a circuit
I have a circuit that requires a 10k pot to function correctly. The problem that the device that has to be used has a 5k pot and it can't be changed. How would I go about getting this circuit to work...
6
6

Offset voltage on voltage follower
Hi I need a bit of help on a circuit im trying to build. I will try to explain my problem below. Circuit requirements: *input to op-amp = 0 to 5v *output from op-amp = 0.5v to 3.5v Im am currently...
11
11

Question: EMI Shielding for IDE cables
(Long story) I am having problems with hard drive data corruption. I have recently rebuilt some of my computers in rackmount casings. After running them for a few weeks, I noticed that all of my files...
11
11

bps to hex
I have calulated 300 bps as 12c (by calculator) But the answer is 0x0000012c, why does the calculator not give this? I'd expect 0000012c Sp.
9
9

aprs watch
Hi, I am interested in a aprs watch ( gps ic based homebrew gps watch ). I am interested in single chip gps circuits capable of sending position data as sms or email.. Do I need a gsm card ? Anyone...

Did low voltage cause the pc to fail?
G'day from a long way away.... I am struggling with an argument about a couple of damaged home computers and I was wondering if anyone can help???? The switchboard for a suburban house was replaced in...
21
21

BGA Flash chip question
I have a 48-ball BGA flash chip that I'd like to read the data off of. Are there other ways of doing this besides buying an expensive device programmer? I tried seraching google and didn't have a lot...
1
1

9V Battery Current
I posted a message a week back but never received the answer I was looking for. I have an electromagnet hooked-up to a 9V battery. The magnet is strongest when the battery is at full charge. I want to...
34
34