Replacement transistor for 2N1711

Do you know for replacement transistor that I can use instead of 2N1711 transistor, which I can't find anywhere near me...

Thanks...

Reply to
Ante Maljkovic

Try a 2N2219A.

Reply to
Bob Eld

Does it need to be in TO-39 metal can ? What's the application ? It's a truly ancient device !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Is that likely to be any more available ?

The voltage rating is somewhat lower too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I guess it doesn't need to be in TO-39 metal can. It's for repairing some old welding device... :)

Reply to
Ante Maljkovic

2N1711

What, You want it availavle too? Boy some people want everything. BTW, a

2N2219A is in the April 2008 Mouser catalog, pg 478.
Reply to
Bob Eld

I see they also have the 2N1711 !

The OP is in Hungary if I recall my country codes correctly.

I see Farnell have it and they are at least somewhat nearer to the OP. Trouble is the minimum order value.

Aha ! EBAY !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Would that be a "Duffers" current meter? We have been replacing them (in old circuit breaker test equipment), and there might be some old PC boards around. I seem to remember the boards bristling with old style transistors. I might even be able to get hold of a complete working unit, but shipping would probably be costly.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen