unknown display's

Hi all!

I would like some information about a couple of display's I've found. I've searched google and I suspect them to be some kind of vacuum fluorescent display's but I'm not sure. All the VDF's I find pictures of are flat and these aren't. I got the display's to work (thanks to a hobby-circuit (not mine) that they are connected to), but don't know anything about them. Name, age, principle etc... and also quite interesting, how to drive them from ttl's. (I'ld like to make a clock out of these and I happen to have a shoebox full of ttl's around here.)

Anyway, what I do know: 7-segment display's, bright green, operate at

12VDC. If you ground a segment it's gone, connect it to 5VDC and it is lit. The numbers are 9x15cms, the display's are 20cm in height. For a better view, you might want to take a look at

Any information will be appreciated, thanks in advance,

bye, Olaf

Reply to
Olaf