stereo to 5.1 sound

Hello, all

I have an Inspire 5.1 Sound kit from Creative Labs. It works fine, connected to my DVD Player, which have an internal DTS decoder. But I wish to connect it to a stereo source. I only want to use all the speakers, doesn=B4t need to make a good signal division (like simulating ambiental sound, etc..): the two left speakers can play the same signal (the stereo LEFT) , just like the two right speakers (the stereo RIGHT) and so on..

Question: Can I make this only with cables (making an "Y" cable)? Or I need a small circuit to amplify the signal? And the subwoofer? How filter the sound to send only low frequencies to him?

Thanks for any help,

Carlos Augusto Grahl

Reply to
cgrahl