onomatograph?

I'm sure that someone here can help. If not, could someone please point me to the correct group? I wanted to make the onomatograph, however, I had a few simple questions.

  1. can it be hooked up to a computer for the sound output?
  2. can a pair of wireless headphones be hooed up between the computer and the scope itself?
  3. can you somehow pull a neat little trick with the remote control device to select the pattern you want?
  4. can you do it in colour, change said colour and if so how? Thanks so much.
--
J. T. Laurie
Watcher of the Seals,

If you're going to ask a question about something nobody's heard of, then you at least need to preface your questions with some background.

You can't do any of the things you ask until you have a basic concept of what the thing is. ANd then surely it's a matter of design, rather than whether or not something can be done.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Reply to
J. T. Laurie

You should start here:

or simply google for onomatograph.

The link I provided suggests you need about 10 Watts per channel, so No, the sound card output would need to be amplified.

Wireless headset transmitters can be connected to any source.

The pattern is a function of the signals on the two audio input channels, so will vary according to the instantaneous amplitude and frequency being produced in each channel.

That would require more thought, but yes, it could be done.

I think your questions should be posted to the board that deals with this topic.

Google is your friend.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Reply to
J. T. Laurie

I'd never heard of doing this kind of thing, but after reading about it I don't think I'd want to try something like that, anyway.

For something vaguely similar, I'd prefer something using lasers:

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan