Kenwood N.B. circuit.- Please expliain!

Greetings group.

Could someone please explain the function of the N.B. circuit button on a Kenwood stereo.

I have a customer who believes it resets the stereo after it has been moved, because the stereo will not work until this button has been pressed.

I have not seen this happen myself.

I think it has something to do with controlling the sound.

Thanks, Russell.

Reply to
rg26ce1991

What model? Normally a 'NB' button is a noise blanker - it's possible that it may be cutting out all sound, but 'that depends'.

More info needed.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Thanks for the reply Ken. I don't have the model number at the moment.

I think he told me there was not even sound from the CD player.

The system was given to him recently and he does not have the instructions.

When he brought it to me to repair, it worked fine as soon as it was turned on.

He took it home and it did not work until the N.B. button was pressed. He says an error message was in the display, but I don't know what it was.

Russell.

Reply to
rg26ce1991

Does it have a radio function? The NB (if noise blanker) is associated with that - it's particular to the radio circuitry and shouldn't affect the rest of it.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

That is what i think Ken, yes the stereo does have a radio.

Thanks, Russell.

Reply to
rg26ce1991