ghostly lines on my sony tv when i play a dvd

Hi

Can anyone help? I own a 36inch Sony widescreen tv, and a Pioneer 565A dvd player.

When I play a dvd on the tv, a ghostly vertical strip runs constantly from the right to the left of the screen. It makes watching dvds very hard as it is so distracting.

I have tried a different dvd player, but the same thing happens.

I have tried using s video and scart, but both produce the same problem. It seem that the problem lies in how my tv is dealing with the dvd signal. It looks like some kind of interference, but how could this be?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions, as I am really at my wit's end as to what it could be. I should mention that these ghostly lines do not appear on my picture for sky tv, or video consoles, or terrestrial tv pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Godfrey

Reply to
godfrey

This is the wrong newsgroup. Try news:sci.electronics.repair

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell