Above 108MHz with FM radio (or other)?

be

range I

signals

meter ham

this.

for

I've modified El Cheapo FM receivers by simply removing the caps parallel to the tuning caps. Takes a bit of tweaking the trimmers and coils but I've been able to listen in on both aviation and police bands. Not very sensitive but it works.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Clarence posted:

Actually your wrong, you just can't admit it! Pitiful attempted insult aside, you ARE acting childishly! Stamp foot and cry loudly. No one cares!

Your language skill level is apparently a bit low, so you're screwed-up.

Why do you believe that just because you and others are incapable of using words correctly (mis-spelling and mis-using), that general usage and defined spelling will migrate to that low level? I believe that is wishful thinking on your part, and is indicative of a lazy mind.

Reply to
Dbowey

Another way is to mix the antenna signal with a frequency which results in a mix-product frequency you can receive with a normal FM receiver.

Connect a signal generator, or a home built oscillator, to the antenna, set the oscillator to 30 MHz.

A signal of 130 MHz coming in to the antenna will be mixed with the 30 MHz from the oscillator and produce a 100 MHz signal and a 160 MHz signal. The 100 MHz signal will be recieved by the radio as if it was a normal FM station.

When signals of different frequencies are mixed you get two resulting frequencies, the sum and the difference between the two frequencies.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

Not being qualified to speak for anyone but himself, and doing rather poorly at his attempts to avoid a tantrum, "Dbowey" contributed nothing of value to the thread.

Reply to
Clarence

--
Your "point" being what? That as more and more people embrace English
those of us who are native English speakers will understand them less

--
Don\'t you mean the sum _of_ and the difference between the two
frequencies?

And don\'t the original signals remain?
Reply to
John Fields

--
Being too ignorant to realize that he isn\'t qualified to possess an
opinion, Clarence persists in annoying his neighbors.

--
If you heterodyne a couple of signals, f1 and f2,  what you\'ll get out
of the mixer will be f1, f2, f1+f2, and f1-f2, so the original signals

Until they activate the killfile...

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
Short form: I\'m trashing EVERY E-mail that doesn\'t contain a password in the

Not qualified to speak for anyone but himself, "Don Bruder" contributed nothing of value to the thread.

Reply to
Clarence

"Dbowey" has never conrtibuted anything of value to _anything_ from what i can gather.

--

Fat, sugar, salt, beer: the four essentials for a healthy diet.
Reply to

yes.

not normally, but Roger's proposing something rather _ab_normal!

--

Fat, sugar, salt, beer: the four essentials for a healthy diet.
Reply to
Steve Evans

Steve Evans displayed his ignorance again, with:

"Dbowey" has never conrtibuted anything of value to _anything_ from what i can gather.

I recall pointing out, a time or two, that you are an ignorant ass. That is a big conrtibution, and I think, even a good contribution.

Reply to
Dbowey

Yes they do, but they are of no significance in this case, the sum- or difference-signal is what interests us after the mixing.

If you look through radio amateur and DX magazines you will find ads for small converter boxes you connect to the antenna to listen to frequencies outside the radio's built-in bands. The box only contains a simple, but stable, oscillator.

Theoretically, someone might say that the mixing of signals have to be done in a non-linear component, like a diode or a transistor, and there is no such component in the antenna.

But there usually is a non-linear component in the input stage of the radio, and that's where the actual mixing takes place.

-- Roger J.

....what is really abnormal in the human society is what needs a lot of training and violence to be "created", the male mind, for example. that is what creationism is really about, the "creation" of the eternal love and the holy matrimony, the holy ghost and the holy wrath, the institution of the church and the mental training of young girls to become convincing love machines.. ...this leads to a dualistic society, heaven and earth, where a lot of determinism, based on anger, is needed to have free will in social life.. it will only cost you your soul and your sound judgement, but what do you care about the soul, when love feels like a powerful drug. Anger plus conviction becomes the God state of mind. Holy cows are very convincing, and anger is what the tv is full of every night.. ...sometimes the gods fail in "creating" a man, because he refuses to become angry, then they crucify him and kill him instead..

Reply to
Roger Johansson

Childish retort noted. Must be trying to set a record!

Reply to
Clarence

Clarence,

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

That's one more happy customer.

Reply to
Dbowey

I exclude anything from clarence, so I'm luckily never bothered with any of it except when others follow up. Oh, well. So I missed some of the exchange until now.

Regarding this exchange, Steve, I can tell you that when I was wrestling with ideas for a phone indicator that relied on the phone line for power, dbowey was very well informed on the subject and told me some things I was wrong in assuming about it. More, he took the time and trouble to drive quite some distance and meet me personally to help me further by giving me an original of the appropriate specifications I needed to read. I still have those on my shelf and I've spent time going though the parts I needed to read.

You don't get help like that, often, and he provided something that really isn't all that easy to go find, either. He offered without my asking and I think he's very generous when someone shows even a little effort. And that's as much as any of us deserve to hope for, really.

Your comment is just malicious.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

--
You seem to have neglected to point out that in the context of _this_
thread, and in generally accepted RF terminology, \'mixing\' refers to a

--
A method which assures that communication can\'t occur is to refrain
from communicating.  You, however, can\'t bear not to throw what you\'d

Yes, stupid.  You\'re basically a one-trick pony with aspirations to
mediocrity, and your one trick is posturing.
Reply to
John Fields

it

until

I am delighted to think you would ignore me. I know I lost all interest in your insipid insults long ago, and will ask that no one respond to this so you will never know how delighted I am!

was

of

shelf

Well since I have only designed four PBX systems, including one for the Airforce, I have little to contribute. Especially with the poor conduce I have experienced from you and your leftist associates.

isn't

he's

And entirely accurate!

Reply to