car fm radio

Hello i have a mitsubishi galant 97 and our FM radio tuner can only get only a few stations for some reason. We use to be able to receive mostly all the stations. So we checked the antenna and tried puttin in a new one and that didn't work, same problem. So we installed a new kenwood deck and still the same problem. We still only receive a few stations and the rest are static....what else can i try?

Reply to
Nicky

Hi...

Seems the only thing left is the antenna ?

Take care

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

I'm not familiar with your car, but one of mine (Miata MX5) has a built in coax for the radio, and it is in two pieces with a slip connector joining them. I lost receiver performance when the ends partially separated; I got a few strong stations, etc. You may have a similar cable arrangement.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey