Above 108MHz with FM radio (or other)?

greetings all

I was wondering if there is any type of receiver I can find/purchase that would be capable of tuning above the FM band, like from say 100 to 130 MHz. In this range I would still want to be able to receive and demodulate FM signals (not the AM signals of the aircraft band), but not necessarily to go so high as to be in the 2 meter ham band. I've been looking all over the web but haven't found any receiver like this. Does such an animal exist, or would I have to retune a standard FM band radio for this job? Any advice/feedback/comments much appreciated.

MJ

Reply to
Michael J.

I have several transmitters around my house that transmit in this range. It's an experiment in creating an electronic proximity net. The transmitter outputs are < 5mW. What receivers do you know of (hopefully not much $$) that will receive in this range? Thanks.

MJ

Reply to
Michael J.

MJ posted:

Why would you want to receive and demodulate FM signals in that frequency range? It appears that you may be wanting to transmit signals in that frequency band. If so, don't. You should not mess around in the aircraft band at all. Just because you can't hear a signal, doesn't mean the frequency isn't in use.

If this isn't correct, what is your plan?

There are receivers able to function with AM and FM in that frequency range.

Don

Reply to
Dbowey

range.

range. It's an

outputs are

will receive in

The freqs from 109 MHz up to the 144 MHz ham band are all used by aircraft for both navigation and communication. In the U.S. unauthorized transmitting on these freqs is a real big NO-NO, and will cause the FCC to jump on you like flies on dog doo-doo. If you're going to screw around with low power RF, do it in the low part of the FM BC band, 88 to 92 MHx, or the 82 to 88 MHZ TV channel 6 if it's not used in your area. If TV Ch 6 is used, then Ch 5 should be free. And there is also the band for radio control of toys somewhere in the 72 to 76 MHz band.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Don't forget that 75MHz is used for marker beacons on aircraft Instrument Landing Systems.

Playing around between 108 and 136MHz is a sure way to get into serious trouble - probably even make the news media when you get arrested.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Holford

theres nothing in his posting to indicate any such intention. once again you revael your ignorance.

--

Fat, sugar, salt, beer: the four essentials for a healthy diet.
Reply to

Dumbass a.k.a Steve Evans posted:

Why would you want to receive and demodulate FM signals in that frequency

theres nothing in his posting to indicate any such intention. once again you revael your ignorance.

Learn to read to understand you ignorant ass. Learn to type while you're at it.

Reply to
Dbowey

your a dipshit.

--

Fat, sugar, salt, beer: the four essentials for a healthy diet.
Reply to
Steve Evans

frequency

at

You're -- not your.

You keep sticking your foot in your mouth every time you open it. You should quit while you're still behind.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

--
English is the language for the future because it\'s already been been
so changed by other languages that it would be difficult to find

Steve,

That is "you're" not "your." As in - you're a dipshit, Steve.

Reply to
Dbowey

I'm sure you mean well. But get a life!

Usage defines correctness, and it is in very common use!

Reply to
Clarence

The english language is still strongly dominated by people who have english as their native language, but that will soon change.

English will become the international language, and will change in that process. It will be simplified, and special expressions will not work in an international environment.

Greece was the dominating world power when chemistry was founded, and we still see greek terminology in the field of chemistry.

Rome was the dominating world power when medicine was developed, that is why latin is the language of medicine.

USA/Britain was the dominating world power in the era of electronics, and in the era when the need for a common international language became very strong, so english is the language of electronics and the international language for the future.

The language english will be reformed in this process, simplified and cleansed from strange expressions which americans use today.

English is no longer the property of americans/brits, it is now the property of the world, and we will change it to suit our purposes.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

Common use or not, the use of "you're" for "your" is *ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY, COMPLETELY WRONG*. It's a lovely barometer for how piss-poor our educational system is here in the US, but it's still *WRONG*.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
Short form: I\'m trashing EVERY E-mail that doesn\'t contain a password in the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Bruder

became

international

property

You're clueless and don't know what you're talking about.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Actually your wrong, you just can't admit it! Pitiful attempted insult aside, you ARE acting childishly! Stamp foot and cry loudly. No one cares!

Reply to
Clarence

I somehow doubt it. you will adopt the current state of English as devoured by your poor and huddled masses as directed by our popular culture. We will tell *you* what to (and how to ) think!

--

Fat, sugar, salt, beer: the four essentials for a healthy diet.
Reply to
Steve Evans

French used to be a contender. It appears to me that French lost ground due to France being in some way hostile to the Internet back in the early and mid 1990's.

The way I remember things, I saw sometime around 1995 a map of the world with the nations being color coded by some measure of how established the Internet was. France had the lowest color, same as most nations of Africa. France looked like a hole in cut out of western Europe on that map.

A major reason was, if I remember correctly, France being hostile to privacy of electronic communications to such an extent that one had to have a license for a modem.

Don Klipstein

The native english speaking world has had a strong influence for many years and still does. But the number of non-english people who use english is steadily rising, and there are 5.5 billion more people to come.

I have seen how the situation has evolved over the last decade. In the beginning I was very alone among loads of americans and a few brits. Today the non-native english speaking participation in many newsgroups is around 25 percent, and it is growing.

I predict, based on the current tendency, that the situation will be

50/50 within 2 years, and after that the native english-speaking will be in a quickly shrinking minority. And they will have to think about how they speak english to be fully understood by the majority of the participators.

The production of movies and tv-shows was totally dominated by americans between 1945 and now, but now we see how the rest of the world is producing more and more programs and movies. The american dominance of the world's media channels is quickly disappearing.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

scary! the iinternet may be the leakage path whereby the sum total of western technology is unwittingly exported to the East! :-(