Subject Author Posted Replies

algorithm that can distinguish between a sequence of PI digits and a sequence of pseudorandom digits of equal length
Hi, Is it possible to distinguish between digits of PI and digits of a pseudorandom sequence, without using any PI digit lookup table or calculating digits of PI? For example, a 100,000 digit sequence...
54
54

Phone detector - not working for 4G
Hi A friend needs a phone ringing detector for his workshop, as he cannot hear it when working with his machinery. The idea is easy - when the phone rings, like old TVs - you could hear it. I detect...
10
10

saving water
Today's San Francisco Chronicle has a great tip for saving water: shower with your cat. It's claimed to cut showering time by 95%.
25
25

Re: Rundll32.exe scanning my computer.
On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:42:06 +0100, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: snipped utter stupidity... You are a true idiot.
1
1

PCB rework
Does anyone have any experience adding a trace to a PCB? I have a BGA that needs a ball wired out to a pull down resistor. Reworking the BGA isn't much of a problem but I need to wire the pad to an...
36
36

measuring phase
At an image processing seminar last week, I saw a startling presentation. The speaker noted that we cannot measure phase at optical wavelengths, hence costs a major loss of information. To illustrate,...
9
9

another thermal thing
The problem is that the board house sampled me a slab of 4 oz copperclad polyimide, and polyimide is a horrible thermal conductor. Oh well, it's getting better. Has anyone noticed how hard it is to...
16
16

capacitor gets hot in a HF-HV resonant circuit
Hi i was asked to help some friends in a task that is unusual for me: I have to generate a 100 Vpp -150 KHz ringing on a single turn of a transformer secondary. I generate an adjustable PWM with a...
28
28

EM and ES field of pancke coil
With regard to a spiral pancake (planar) coil, where do the EM and ES field lines emerge respectivley? In other words, which from the flat surfaces and which from the circumferential edge. Paul...
10
10

TR3 fuse din rail holder/socket. where?
I am looking for din rail fuse holder terminal blocks for the TR3 type fuse. These fuses are radial lead, short and can be plugged into a socket.. I can find PCB sockets.. LittleFuse has the fuses....
1
1

Found in a box of books
Found in a box of books, dated 1934... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142...
15
15

Boost Converter
Circuit design schematic or commercial product both welcome. Specific specs not needed beyond these. Boost converter. input:0.4VDC to 1.0VDC; Output: 3VDC +/- something Output current 20ma or more Any...
14
14

EXXON Always Knew AGW Was Real...
...and dangerous, and fossil fuels were the problem. All they ever wanted was to actively sabotage any kind of effort that would diminish their market and profits.
31
31

PCB Manufacturer... Any good?
Hey Everyone, I have a design that I'm going to get manufactured and was thinking of trying out Has anyone heard of them/tried them before? The site looks pretty good but figured I'd see what other's...
1
1

hoverboard
This looks truly stupid to me. Will we ever see hoverboards join bicycles as our favored way of moving about? We may see the day.
38
38