EM and ES field of pancke coil

With regard to a spiral pancake (planar) coil, where do the EM and ES field lines emerge respectivley?

In other words, which from the flat surfaces and which from the circumferential edge.

Paul Nielsen

Reply to
Paul Nielsen

What's your operating wavelength compared to wire length?

If much longer to DC, left-hand rule for the B field:

If the operating wavelength is shorter than the wire length you will have to figure out where the current nodes are. The antinodes make the field.

The ES field shape depends on the location and distance to other conductive objects are that are at easily definable voltages WRT those at various points on the coil.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

One would think those were obvious.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What's EM and ES? The magnetic fields come from the currents. (Which I assume you already know.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 06:09:29 -0700 (PDT), George Herold Gave us:

Electromagnetic and electrostatic.

How long have you been in this field?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

OK and then how does electrostatic apply to a coil? Perhaps he's asking about near field and far field? or magneto-static. (Electro and magneto static are not great terms.. given that both fields can change in time.)

I've been in the Earth's B-field my entire life. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 07:20:57 -0700 (PDT), George Herold Gave us:

I am not the one who posed the question you zero common sense twerp. get a clue. And you have a doctorate? Sheesh.

Perhaps you should address him with your guesses.

Just like a plot of an antenna's dispersion, he likely simply wants to know so he can place proximal components properly.

And you reversing the initials also shows that you are still guessing.

Nice try, vacuous dingledorf.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Why am I visualizing duct tape over your mouth?

Reply to
JW

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:42:18 -0400, JW Gave us:

Nice try, vacuous punk.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

But not as permanent.