saving water

Today's San Francisco Chronicle has a great tip for saving water: shower with your cat. It's claimed to cut showering time by 95%.

How much skin repair time?

Reply to
Bill Martin

Op 10/27/2015 om 04:03 PM schreef John Larkin:

LOL!

N. Coesel

Then, to save more, water your houseplants with the pink water.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Meouch.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

"Feed me Seymour"

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

some cats don't mind, maybe they are broken

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Conserve gravity. Take a bath instead.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Shower heads do waste energy. They could have little electric generator turbines inside.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den onsdag den 28. oktober 2015 kl. 00.03.49 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

I believe some of them have to power leds

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Dang, there's another billion dollar idea that someone beat me to.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Significant.

Reply to
David Eather

...and then use the electricity to power the city's water system?

Reply to
krw

Gravity and humor both seek their lowest levels.

It seems that we are being asked to conserve almost everything. For example, at our rate of consumption of white space, we will soon run out and AllOurWordsWillRunTogether.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Nightclub culture means we will run out of Es in about 2 years time. Thnwwillallhavtowritlikthis.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Op 10/27/2015 om 10:00 PM schreef Lasse Langwadt Christensen:

AFAIK if you wash a cat regulary when it is still a kitten it will get used to it (and perhaps enjoy it). Some cats can even swim!

Reply to
N. Coesel

They already ration whitespace in Germany.

Sort of like taking a fast public shower with 6 big black dudes in the shower at the same time? I did that in school a few times.

Bill Bowden

Good observation. That's probably because the printing press was invented in Germany and Gutenberg probably ran out of interpunct dot separators: Or maybe a hangover from "scriptio continua": Obviously space conservation is deemed important in computing because spaces are banned in internet domain names, some login names, and acronyms.

When I learned to write, it was common to use two spaces between sentences and to double space lines, mostly because authors of the day were paid by the page. This ecologically disgusting waste of white space has been deemed ummm... ecologically disgusting. One space between sentences and single spaced lines is now the norm, except in computing, where the introduction of 2 inch margins, headers, and footers have created big thick books designed to monopolize more shelf space, and therefore hopefully sell better.

Incidentally, I've been owned by a few cats over the years. Most hated to get wet and would shred me if I tried to wash them. However, one loved splashing around the kitchen and bathroom sinks and wasn't very irritated with a warm shower.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann