Subject Author Posted Replies

measuring nanoamps with lots of noise
I am having a difficult problem on a current project so I was wondering if anyone could help. This is a project where I have to measure current gener ated by a sample at high temperature inside a...
30
30

OT: MPLAB build dies (linker prob)
Here is part of the code: ORG 0x0B00 tab3: MOVLW High(tab3_data) ADDWF timhi,W MOVWF PCLATH MOVLW Low(tab3_data) ADDWF timlo,W BTFSC STATUS,C INCF PCLATH,F MOVWF PCL ; computed GOTO into data ;...
17
17

Microchip "Curiosity" 8 bit demo/development board - $20
While looking for the low-pin-count USB board I found this new product from Microchip: More info: Has an integrated USB programmer/debugger so you don't need the PICkit3. It uses a Mini-B connector on...
10
10

PIC16F1454/5/9 USB example
Hi all I have been looking for any example for how to use USB - for the PIC16F1454/5/9 USB example - even just transferring a single byte. Can anyone point me to an example: 1) example of pic code/usb...
3
3

LTspice Tip
As I work my way to a Universal OpAmp Spice Model that you only have to feed the subcircuit 10-12 numbers from the datasheet, I observe that LTspice struggles with what I would consider ordinary...
10
10

SOLAR TRACKING SYSTEMS
Hi, I am planning to build a Solar Tracking Controller by myself. I looked on the Internet and concluded that they are two approaches to do this 1. Program an embedded controller with a solar tracking...
251
251

Fishing buzzer TX-i standard
Bit of a long shot...Anyone have any experience of these ? This one keeps on beeping as if it's in permanent 'power on test mode'.....( as per the instruction manual) My thought is the TLC27L2 piezo...

OT: Thanks!
To all of you who recommended Foxit PhantomPDF, Thanks! As I learn all its bells and whistles I find it a far superior product compared to Adobe Acrobat. Besides, Adobe Acrobat is going to the...
30
30

OT: Eversource
Currently staying with a relative at a senior housing complex. Power had been out here for about ten hours after what appeared to be a pole pig explosion. There were two guys here in a bucket truck...
3
3

LM337L stability
Might a 337L get unstable if it sees a bunch (like 20 uF) of ceramic cap load? The data sheets are impressively vague about that. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision...
10
10

Binary to decimal decoder with open collector outputs?
Did anyone make a 74** something or other that was a binary to one-of-ten decoder that had open collector/drain outputs that one could wired-OR together? I need to take a binary coded output from a...
8
8

Oooh, pretty! (Russian chip package)
Double-checking a package name, I came on this: The west may have had better ICs, but the Ruskies certainly found a pretty way to package them!
18
18

another thermal thing
I'd like to dissipate 40 watts from a D2PAK. This little experiment has no vias, and the copper thickness is 1 oz. All the thermal conduction is through the epoxy-glass. Theta is measured from the fet...
38
38

Dual 9 Pin Male USB To 19 Pin Female USB Adapter
Hi, Does anyone know where I can order a dual 9 pin male USB to 19 pin female USB adapter? I have found a single. To be clear, I have a motherboard with two standard 9 pin headers and a case with a 19...
6
6

hot air rework station
Just reading another thread, where Tim W. recommends the sparkfun hot air station. This one I assume, Any other thumbs up? Or other favorites? (I'm thinking we should have had one of these years ago.)...
32
32