TR3 fuse din rail holder/socket. where?

I am looking for din rail fuse holder terminal blocks for the TR3 type fuse.

These fuses are radial lead, short and can be plugged into a socket.. I can find PCB sockets..

LittleFuse has the fuses.

272/273/274/278/279 Series MICRO Very fast-Acting Fuse.

They come with .100" lead spacing..

I have a couple of din rail fuse holders that will accept these types now, but there are no name on them so I can't find the manuf.

These are very good for protecting output IO for low current devices and I want to put them on a TS35 din rail.

Any one have a clue?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Try asking Littelfuse. It is in their interest to direct you to fuseholders that fit their fuses.

Schurter MSF 125 seems to be the equivalent of Littelfuse TR3, but Schurter doesn't list any DIN-rail terminal blocks either.

Do they have a logo or trademark? Can you post a clear photo?

Back when I was specifying DIN rail stuff, I spent a lot of time with the Phoenix Contact catalog. However, a quick turn through their Web catalog for fuse holders shows that they heavily prefer 5 x 20 mm cartridge fuses. Weidmueller is similar. Maybe you could send a photo of what you have now to Phoenix Contact or Weidmueller to get a cross.

Both Phoenix and Weidmueller have some blocks that are designed for putting your own axial-lead components inside - diodes, resistors, caps, etc - but I can't find anything with 0.1" plug-in sockets on top.

If your current and voltage requirements aren't too harsh, the magic word for a thing that breaks out a normal ribbon-cable connector to screw terminals is an "interface module". Unfortunately, all the ones I can find have male ribbon-cable connectors, which is not what you want.

You can get an interface module that breaks out a DIP socket to screw terminals; you could plug the fuses into the DIP socket, I guess. An example is Buchanan/Tyco 2MxxDPL, where xx is 08, 16, 24, or 40. These modules fit into a wider plastic rail, which then connects to your DIN rail.

If you switch to 5x20 mm fuses, every DIN-rail terminal block vendor in the world appears to have many holders for that size.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds