Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: get paid y the airlines
** From a newsletter: One simple rule has put thousands of dollars in my family's pockets over the years... Knowing this rule makes dealing with your next canceled flight far easier... and could save...

OT: Does this style of cookie manager exist?
Does this style of cookie manager exist? To me an ideal cookie manager would do this... Accept cookies when I visit a page, but delete when I leave the page, _except_ for those I designate that I want...
19
19

Cranshaft Position Sensor
I got the dreaded P0340: Crankshaft Position Sensor failure code, but the v an is running fine. Did some web search and it's a common problem. Most v ehicles with this problem still works, but some...
32
32

current divider
Interesting thing about current divider is that current through resistor R1 is directly proportional to resistor R2 value, while current through resis tor R2 is directly proportional to resistor R1...
4
4

Air-core coil design
So I wanted to make a coil earlier this evening. The initial requirements were: Voltage across coil of one to several microvolts. Load resistance/impedance unknown, but probably around 50 ohms or so....
1
1

Bat Z
Which AA battery has the lowest impedance. i.e. can supply the highest initial amperage? --- news:// - complaints: ---
3
3

OT: Eat more bacon...
Eat more bacon... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog |...
50
50

Windows 7 is garbage
But all Windows versions are garbage, so nothing is new. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
217
217

Edison generator experiment gone wrong
There was an infamous test of Edison's generator in which 2 generators were in parallel, and they got into a feedback loop of some kind, and accelerated out of control until he disconnected them. What...
7
7

LTspice heads up
LTspice heads up... Latest LTspice sync release over-wrote many text-based subcircuits with encrypted versions. So back up all the text-based ones before they disappear. ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
20
20

Remember, when Nancy Pelosi said:
?We have to pass it, to find out what's in it." A physician called "That's the definition of a stool sample." Mikek :-)
49
49

OT tractor beam.
This is fun, If you follow the Nature link you can read the paper as see some awesome videos. (Video #2 is nice.) George H.
14
14

Batteries
Have this little scooter, it has a 8Ah lead acid battery for start and light. Not so good anymore, years and years, long without charge, burned dry one time, refilled with distilled water, so needs a...

Measuring 2.4 GHz SWR using a directional coupler
Measuring 2.4 GHz SWR using a directional coupler. SWR meters for those frequencies are normally expensive. There is a way to do good measurements using a directional coupler. I got myself this one...
4
4

OT: More MPLAB program problems
Problems. Code snippet #1: CLRW ADDWF swcount,W ; count to W BTFSC STATUS,Z ; zero count = divide by zero ==> value as zero GOTO BY1 DECF swcount,W ; count = 1 ** Neither W nor swcount change; WTF? ;...
6
6