Subject Author Posted Replies

Any idea where to get this part...
Any idea where to get this part... It goes on a "wire wall" in the pantry, grid size is approximately 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
5
5

Californica makes another "law"....
Californica makes another "law".... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142...
20
20

Chinese-made reflow soldering ovens
Anyone have any experience or have colleagues who have experience using the Chinese-made reflow soldering ovens such as those being sold on the evil auction place? The one I've looked at is item...
24
24

Pads at a bargain
Greetings. I have recently bought a Pads PCB seat. My intention is to work out of my house and eventualy take this on the road in my RV as I criss-cross this gr eat nation. I have used Pads a few...

Ping Phil Hobbs
I suggested this might be the way to go in a post here a couple of years back and now some enterprising soul has got off his butt and done something about it. IIRC Phil, you and I both own this...
4
4

UVLO Re-design
I need to redesign an under-voltage lockout for a 48-volt, 100 AH battery. As part of the redesign of other portions of the product, I have a 12-bit A/D input available that I could dedicate to...
12
12

OT: Statins Health Warning
Gentlemen, I thought I should post this in case it affects anyone here. You won't read this kind of thing in 2-bit rags like the WaPo or the NYT for obvious reasons. This item comes from the world's...
12
12

OT: Read thru this...
OT: Read thru this... Dimocrats sure are sick puppies. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV,...
8
8

OT: Crackdown on Electric Cars!
These Lefties will never be satisfied until *everything* is banned! electric-cars-ban -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in...
48
48

Holy wasted opamps Batman.
My copy of Gardner's "Phaselock Techniques" arrived today. Page 10 fig. 2.2, I'll try some asci art, all opamps are inverting. a.) ---R1---+------ | R 2 | C --------+------ b.) +-R2-C-+ | | | --R1-+-|...
65
65

One word for you, Plastics!
While that word set the tone for Benjamin's future choices, today they are very pervasive. Yet, they can be a bit pricey when you consider what goes into them. I'm looking at constructing a compact...
4
4

Wheeee!
How'd you like to be on this flight... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ...
23
23

Brushless motor question - consequences when mechanically driven
Considering the kind of sensorless brushless motor and speed controller found in rc multirotors - If the motor is connected to a windmilling prop will it fry the controller? These things usually have...
31
31

Why is the Coulomb 6.25 times 10 to the 18th electrons?
I suppose it has something to do with basic units of mass, length and time The coulomb would be a more standard unit of charge if it was say 10 times 10 to the 18th instead if some weird number of...
19
19

Li-ion Battery Packs
I'm interested in making a 12 volt lighting system that will draw around 200 to 300 mA. This battery should power it adequately if I can believe the 1800 mAHr spec. The listing claims it includes...
24
24