Subject Author Posted Replies

Sniffing out IR remote control codes with a PC
Hi, I seem to remember seeing a simple circuit for connection to a PC's RS232 port and software (DOS/Windows) for sniffing out the codes being transmitted by IR remote control handsets. FWIW I'm only...
8
8

1% colour codes
In all the years in this hobby, I suppose this is the first time I've had to look closely at resistor colour codes. My latest parts order included a few .125W 1% resistors. With glasses removed and...
25
25

AD822, good TL062 replacement?
Just bumped into it looking for quieter alternatives to the ubiquitous TL062 for a battery powered bass guitar tone circuit. Ok, power consumption is higher, but still much lower than the usual audio...
19
19

which component has exponential i-v characteristics down to 1 pA?
Looking for a circuit element that is pretty exponential in i-v down to about 1pA. Maybe even 10pA. Starting from maybe 10nA. Trying to simulate a vacuum tunnel junction for STM. I know a lot of stuff...
8
8

2.45GHz RFID reader
Hi, all: I'm going to design a 2.45GHz RFID reader. Are there any IC chips available? Can anyone give me some informations and suggestions? Thanks alot X.Y Yang
27
27

positve and negative power supply
im building a circuit using the 4052 cmos chip. i need to connect the 4052 Vee to at least as negative as -4V for audio reasons. it cant be at 0 for my purposes. i would like the unit to fit into the...
20
20

Re: Small VCO?
Belated followup: Thanks for the DDS idea John. I ended up shifting some I/O around and bit-banged the SPI interface to an AD9833 - works great! Bob
1
1

SDRAM Concurrent auto precharge
I see that Micron SDRAMs are claimed to support Concurrent auto precharge. Is this a common feature amongst SDRAMs? I'm using a sample of a ICSI SDRAM at present and this feature isn't mentioned in...
3
3

transimpeadance vs voltage amp for photodiode
I am working on an amplifier circuit for a avalanche photodiode that is looking at very high speed 2 nsec rise 10nsec wide pulses. Previous work had been done on a circuit that uses 2 TI OPA695 X8...
15
15

Refreshing SDRAMs?
In the past I'm sure I've used a SDRAM and relied upon "Activating" and "auto-precharging" every page (ie set by row and bank address) within the 64ms refresh period to ensure that all used elements...

A resistor at 150°C...how?
Hi all, I have to buil a circuit to use a resistor as a heater; what I want is to use this resistor to heat a surface at 150 °C. My first problem is to choose right resistor(I have ONLY 15 mm...
7
7

Nixie ring counter?
There's a rumor going around that you can hook up a few resistors, capacitors, and diodes to a Nixie tube and get it to count. No extra chips, transistors, SCR's, or other 4-layer thingies. Now I...
8
8

Sigma Deltas
Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding Sigma Deltas again. From what I understand the simplest digital filter available for the sigma delta is the counter. That is you count the number of times...
7
7

Solder like glue ?
That means solder which likes glue. When i squeeze the "solder glue" on the joint, it will be dried in few seconds and the components are fixed on the motherboard. Of course the "solder glue" is...
19
19

buck stepdown chips
Hi, I am looking for some high frequency (1MHz+) step down buck switcher chips that can handle an input voltage of at least 7.4V and at least 500mA output current. The Texas Instruments TPS623xx...
2
2