Subject Author Posted Replies

Temperature Relay Circuit Required
Hi I have a fish tank that if it gets around 28 degrees Celsius I need to turn on some fans. Can anyone help me with a simple circuit that will. 1. Maybe use a thermistor to measure the temp of water....
13
13

snubber resistor power rating?
How might I ascertain the optimum power rating of the resistor in a triac snubber with an inductive load? Let's assume worst case PF=0. The last 90 degrees of the alternation dumps through the...
31
31

Soft Light Dimmer ST AN518
Can someone tell me what type of diode is D4 376 Volts. Page 5/8. Thanks. Ricardo Callejo Argentina
1
1

MCU modem
Hi, Recently I have a thinking to implement a baud 9600 modem using ADC and DAC and MCU. I know the implementation involves to encode and decode by QAM. Is it possible to do it? How fast the MCU needs...
2
2

Tinkling transistor!
I just bought a ~40 year old princeton applied research JB-5 lock in amplifier, and it doesn't work. In the process of troubleshooting it, I removed the power supply board and I noticed it made this...
22
22

High output 4066?
Anyone help please? I'm after a solid state IC (like the 4066 transition gate) whereby I can use a microcontroller output to switch a higher voltage output say, up to 20v DC, bi-directionally, and is...
14
14

For Prototype 2 layer PTH PCBs
If you want to get your double-sided PTH boards (either 1 to 5 prototypes or mass production), made with High Quality PCB material(European, NOT from far-east), silkscreen, solder resist etc. at LOW...
1
1

Single-supply piezo-preamp circuit for e-guitar
¡Hello Everybody! I'm working on a design using a piezo guitar-pickup that should be conditioned for a A/D-converter (an then to a DSP and then ... but thats another (long) story =;) ). The whole...
8
8

GooseNeck Material
I am looking for some of that for a project but don't seem to be able to find a supplier anywhere, short of looking for PC microphones that have it and stripping does anyone know of a source,...
6
6

Pan platter heads for hard disks
Hey, Me and my colleague were discussing the new PCI-Express architecture and sighed at how HDDs still lagged far behind other peripheral devices. But we both were curious about the same thing, that...
13
13

LED Christmas Lights -any good green ones out there?
I have three strings of LED Christmas lights from a company called Holiday Creations ( They sell Fiber Optic Design's Foreverbright line. Here is a summary of what I found: Blue: Very high output -a...
1
1

centre pin negative question
what is the purpose of having centre pin negative power transformers like those commonly used in audio gadgtry eg. guitar FX pedals?
3
3

Symbol barcode module
Hi I have a Symbol barcode module model SE-1200WA-1000A. It has got an 8-pin connector. I would like to interface to it from a micro controller or a PC. Could someone please help me with the pin...
3
3

Wifi on Loox 610
I cannot activate my wifi on my Loox 610 with built in WLAN. It prompts "Unrecognized Card" - Network card in Socket 2 I tried it with a CF Card adaptor to test the card but later removed the program....

MOSFET for electronic ignition?
Hi all, Would a power Mosfet be an appropriate choice for driving the primary side of a EHT ignition coil? If so, any recommendations as to type number would be appreciated. If not, what other device...
5
5