Subject Author Posted Replies

Breakdown on PCB versus air
Hi I'm having a problem with a surge test causing a spark on a PCB I testing. The problem is that the voltage from Line/Neutral to ground exceeds the dielectric breakdown of the PCB leading to a spark...
3
3

Slowing down DC motor
Hi, electronics has been a hobby but I'm no EE so I'd appreciate any help. An RC motor I'm integrating into another project is too spunky and responds too quick to the remote. I'm thinking of putting...
5
5

Custom OEM Remotes
Hi to all, I'm looking for Custom OEM Remotes: I would need to customize them with my own logo and should be very cheap. I would need just 10/12 keys and a simple layout. To start I would need about...
2
2

Entangled Particle Holographic Nanostorage
In quantum mechanics, all the forces of nature are mediated by the exchange of particles such as photons, and these particles must obey this cosmic speed limit. So an action "here" can cause no effect...
1
1

Newbie: Address, OE~ and CE~ sequencing
I want to store a lookup table in an Atmel AT29C512 flash. Data will only ever be read from the device and not written. Also this is the only device on the bus. Is it ok to tie the OE~ and CE~ lines...
1
1

Helix GPS antenna elements - Need manufacturers
Hi! For a new electronics design I'm in need of finding and evaluating different helix type antenna elements but I have a hard time finding manufacturers making these. The one I know is Sarantel, but...
1
1

CAN Bus, Star wiring and termination.
I need to use CAN bus to send information to 12 remote displays from a central control box. Each of the remote displays can be up to 50m away from the control box and are connected back to the box...
6
6

please tell me what is active load , current mirror
when i am going through my book i read about active load & current mirror .Current mirror can be used as an active load . please explain me about these things with examples . Why should we consider...
6
6

Shameless Plug and shameless Troll
If such a creature exists, it would be a pirhana... It is true that a troll under a bridge plays an important part in one particular saga, but as far as I know, it's only in that one saga it lives...
10
10

Whats happened to Google?
What's with the "new" namby-pamby GUI? Where's the tree? Where's the damn information! Half the screen is now wasted in white space and fancy headings, jeez the average mind only needs a single line...
10
10

help for 12 -28 v step up converter
I need to build a 12 -28 v step up converter using MC34063a and IRF540A. The load will be 4A max. Can anybody provide any schematics? Thanks
3
3

Atmega16 adc question
I want to use a precision 5 volt reference as Vref for the adc on an Atmega16. My problem is that the Vcc uses a common 78L05 regulator, whose output can range from 4.75 to 5.25 volts. Can I tie the...
6
6

Cheapest way 2 generate 22Khz clock?
Could somebody let me know the cheapest way to generate a stable, reasonably accurate 22Khz, 5V logic level, clock. I'd prefer to use a 3 legged, "off-the-shelf" resonator as the source, if possible.
16
16

In-circuit 4 x Ni-MH charger
I have a device that runs on 4 x "AAA" Ni-MH cells, being 4.8VDC. I would like to be able to plug in an external power supply that will charge the cells while in-circuit. The device does not need to...
3
3

Diode Peculiarities
From experimentation, some interesting results: By Mark Jones 1N4001 1N5189 1N4148 1) Vforward @ 5v, z=100M 0.29v 0.01v 0.46v 1) Vforward @ 5v, z=10M 0.32v 0.02v 0.48v 1) Vforward @ 5v, z=1M 0.38v...