Subject Author Posted Replies

Pan platter heads for hard disks
Hey, Me and my colleague were discussing the new PCI-Express architecture and sighed at how HDDs still lagged far behind other peripheral devices. But we both were curious about the same thing, that...
13
13

LED Christmas Lights -any good green ones out there?
I have three strings of LED Christmas lights from a company called Holiday Creations ( They sell Fiber Optic Design's Foreverbright line. Here is a summary of what I found: Blue: Very high output -a...
1
1

centre pin negative question
what is the purpose of having centre pin negative power transformers like those commonly used in audio gadgtry eg. guitar FX pedals?
3
3

Symbol barcode module
Hi I have a Symbol barcode module model SE-1200WA-1000A. It has got an 8-pin connector. I would like to interface to it from a micro controller or a PC. Could someone please help me with the pin...
3
3

Wifi on Loox 610
I cannot activate my wifi on my Loox 610 with built in WLAN. It prompts "Unrecognized Card" - Network card in Socket 2 I tried it with a CF Card adaptor to test the card but later removed the program....

MOSFET for electronic ignition?
Hi all, Would a power Mosfet be an appropriate choice for driving the primary side of a EHT ignition coil? If so, any recommendations as to type number would be appreciated. If not, what other device...
5
5

Sniffing out IR remote control codes with a PC
Hi, I seem to remember seeing a simple circuit for connection to a PC's RS232 port and software (DOS/Windows) for sniffing out the codes being transmitted by IR remote control handsets. FWIW I'm only...
8
8

1% colour codes
In all the years in this hobby, I suppose this is the first time I've had to look closely at resistor colour codes. My latest parts order included a few .125W 1% resistors. With glasses removed and...
25
25

AD822, good TL062 replacement?
Just bumped into it looking for quieter alternatives to the ubiquitous TL062 for a battery powered bass guitar tone circuit. Ok, power consumption is higher, but still much lower than the usual audio...
19
19

which component has exponential i-v characteristics down to 1 pA?
Looking for a circuit element that is pretty exponential in i-v down to about 1pA. Maybe even 10pA. Starting from maybe 10nA. Trying to simulate a vacuum tunnel junction for STM. I know a lot of stuff...
8
8

2.45GHz RFID reader
Hi, all: I'm going to design a 2.45GHz RFID reader. Are there any IC chips available? Can anyone give me some informations and suggestions? Thanks alot X.Y Yang
27
27

positve and negative power supply
im building a circuit using the 4052 cmos chip. i need to connect the 4052 Vee to at least as negative as -4V for audio reasons. it cant be at 0 for my purposes. i would like the unit to fit into the...
20
20

Re: Small VCO?
Belated followup: Thanks for the DDS idea John. I ended up shifting some I/O around and bit-banged the SPI interface to an AD9833 - works great! Bob
1
1

SDRAM Concurrent auto precharge
I see that Micron SDRAMs are claimed to support Concurrent auto precharge. Is this a common feature amongst SDRAMs? I'm using a sample of a ICSI SDRAM at present and this feature isn't mentioned in...
3
3

transimpeadance vs voltage amp for photodiode
I am working on an amplifier circuit for a avalanche photodiode that is looking at very high speed 2 nsec rise 10nsec wide pulses. Previous work had been done on a circuit that uses 2 TI OPA695 X8...
15
15