Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Electric Cars Not Yet Viable
Rick C wrote in news: In the seventies there was not even a single thought about an electric powered RC helicopter, much less multi-motor quad copters. Now, they are talking about mass producing a...
278
278

SPICE leakage current question
Why leakage current limits to 1e-9 Plot log scale 1e-12 to 1e-3 What the heck is making such a large leakage current and how to fix it? Version 4 SHEET 1 2748 1028 WIRE 176 64 80 64 WIRE 336 64 176 64...
8
8

Drone Attack
I read an article today with some details about Trump's decision to not att ack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone. It said he was at the point of either saying attack or to stand down....
126
126

Radio Shack Science Fair kit
Who had one of these as a kid? Build a drum/percussion sound generator using only the components available in the kit. You even get an NPN, two PNPs and that integrated circuit-thing to work with....
3
3

Ping Hobbs: you are quoted in lock in article
Hi Phil Just stumbled over this article where you are quoted: Cheers Klaus
2
2

OT: Modelling the Greenland ice sheet
Thus week's Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Science had a sligh tly worrying paper on the economics of the disintegration of the Greenland ice sheet The worrying part is that economists...
21
21

New high-temperature super-conductor
This week's Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Sciences reports a new high temperature super-conductor, with a critical temperature up at 73K (which is still well below room temperature but...
78
78

smart bulb
In other news, a few months ago my microwave oven keypad broke; the first two rows of numbers quit working, 012 and 345. That made things tricky. Had to cook things for 6:66 minutes and seconds....
29
29

another board
This is a proto, informally released. I'll shear it up into sections and hand them to various people. It's from PCBWAY. We got 5 4-layer boards and a stencil, 5 day turn, total about $200. It looks...
2
2

How XY plot in Spice?
Thanks.
3
3

favorite circuit for 8 - 20us pulses
Standard pulses: tr 8us, td 20us to 50% down. What's your favorite circuit for making device test pulses, from a square wave I suppose.
13
13

visualization challenge
I've been reviewing knots, and this problem occurred to me: (if you already know the sheet bend, never mind) Can you tie this knot, first try? Study the diagram. Grab two ropes. Start as shown - form...
1
1

NPN protective zener
NPN signal transistors make pretty good low-capacitance signal and MOSFET-gate protection zeners, etc. For example, the emitter-base junction of the common 2N3904 breaks down near 7.25 volts, and has...
94
94

Differential pair impedance calculations
I'm about to lay out a USB 90 ohm diff pair, and I go to the eeweb impedance online calculator I punch in my numbers from the fab house Trace Thickness = 1.4 mil Substrate Height = 14.4 mil Trace...
1
1

MOSFETs are getting better, year by year
MOSFETs are getting better, year by year, see my 25-year Rds * Qgd scatterplot.
23
23