Subject Author Posted Replies

"Mouser UK"
Mouser recently has a *sort of* UK presence. Hopefully they'll be a lot better than Farnell; god knows it wouldn't be hard. Customers in the UK can order via their website or over the phone (London...
26
26

Powercables of wasmachines too short for "trekschakelaar" netherlands
Afgekeurde wasmachines voor trekschakelaar (door Skybuck Flying): (Stroom kabel lengte te kort voor algemeen gebruik, deze dient minimaal 2.35m te zijn, misschien zelfs langer 2.5m tot 2.75m...
3
3

Transformer bobbins/coil formers
For an RM ferrite core (RM8 in my case) you can buy two types of bobbin, a single section and two sections, though the latter is less often stocked. Assuming there are two windings and that the wire...
14
14

Musing on RF filters generally
Gentlemen, What is *the* best filter regardless of cost for RF purposes? I mean, which kind of filter most accurately approximates the *ideal* concept of a filter in terms of selectivity and whatnot?...
15
15

MORON (prolly me)
I now find it impossible to get permanent details view, with or without variable file type column. Change any folder to details view, close that and try another, do anything to its view (or not),...
22
22

Identify smd fuse
Hi All Trying to identify this fuse, couldn't find any reference but it should be small rating since it comes from a small stepper motor driver. Login to Dropbox. Bring your photos, docs, and videos...
8
8

OT how to allow this NG access my dropbox folder?
I can't see how to set it up if I need to allow access to photo in a post here. Any help appreciated.
2
2

OT: 10x more green jobs than fossil fuel jobs
The US green economy has 10 times more jobs than the fossil fuel industry, 9.5 million vs. 0.9 million. That was in 2016, when Trump took charge. Funding and Services (GGS) survey had already been...
59
59

Slowing solenoid action?
Is it possible, perhaps using PWM, to slow down the action of a solenoid while still maintaining most of its force? By way of background, I'm considering a solenoid for pressing a rather firm button....
33
33

400Hz 115V ac power testing - Matlab/simulink to the rescue
My latest assignment requires me to evaluate a power supply design that ope rates off of 400Hz ac power. To validate the design I have to apply lots o f signal fluctuations. These fluctuations include...
29
29

Re: Speaking to other planets on Ham Radio
Get a high gain directional antenna and start with Mars, then see how you go from there. Report back here from time to time with the entries from your call log. -- This message may be freely...
8
8

Design Error 2 extra
Hi to my tormenters, --------------------- the tube amp question left most of you a tad agog. Yet it was simply a case of noting that opening the s/b switch altered the topology of the amplifier in a...
6
6

spark generator demo
Just wanted to share the demo for the spark generator in its new housing. The sparks you see are about 110 mm. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
13
13

Repost: Design Error Time Up.
Hi to all the really nice folk here: ------------------------------------- My point is now VERY well proven - it is nigh impossible to identify design errors by just looking at the schem. What instead...

having a hard time finding these components
I desperately need these three items for a project, but I'm having a hard time finding them. I had hoped to order all from a single source to save shipping costs, but I don't know if that's feasible....
36
36