Subject Author Posted Replies

Design Error Time is Up
Hi to all the rocket scientists here: ------------------------------------- I believe my point is now VERY well proven - it is nigh impossible to identify design errors by just looking at the schem....
19
19

MD5
If you change a file name of a 1G iso, is the MD5 still valid? RL
2
2

Q: drive tester program
I remember having a drive testing program, it is a stand-alone exe, no registry folderol. Can look at drives two ways: logical and physical. What is its name? Thanks.

Whats Wrong with the DC300A answer
Hi to all the terminally puzzled, --------------------------------- THE *problem* with the Crown DC300A is simple, but virtually unknown in the industry. Any amplifier that has response to DC is...
4
4

OT - Need Help with Dropbox
Hi all, I bought a 2TB account with Dropbox and uploaded 20 zip files 8GB total. I sent links to friends But they can't say they get a file not available message. Digging into it seems they are...
7
7

Design Error 2 revealed
Hi to all who tried, Dimitrij got close, posting the exact scenario but not the upshot. " Mess up something with acoustic feedback so that the amp squeals. Panic and flip the standby switch to kill...

Collider status reports on-line
If you want to see electronics hardware customized for the collider at CERN, use this link The Large Hadron Collider uses big diodes in color photos. Many images of September 2019 status report on...
23
23

ribbon cable TDR test
I'm going to have one board in the front of a rackmount box, the controller, with an FPGA. In the back of the box will be an output board with an ADUM7703 isolated delta-sigma converter measuring...
20
20

Things that go boom? Need to present to some kids
Hi Every year I teach a class in 7th grade about electronics and space stuff I normally end the presentation with a reverse power capacitor that goes boom, just so they at least get excited about...
33
33

Minimising EM noise from PWM switched fairly lights?
Hi, This year's project is to drive 3 strings of 30V DC LED outdoor fairy lights from Raspberry Pi's[1] I've been on here before last year and took some greet advice with respect to H-Bridges and...
48
48

OT: The worst natural disasters are getting more disasterous and more expensive
This week's Proceedings of the (American) National Academy of Science has a n article on the subject. "We document an increasing trend in extreme damages from natural disasters, which is consistent...

Small Design Error Saga
Hi to my many friends, ----------------------- this story involves local Sydney electronics maker Jands, a few years ago. I know Jands quite well, been to their factory many times. I know the...
3
3

USDA Suppressing Research- Rice Heading For Collapse
An internal government watchdog is starting an investigation into the USDA ?s handling of climate science and communication after a series of POLITICO reports found that the department has been...
36
36

What's Wrong with the DC300A ?
Hi to all my fans, -------------------- see pic of possibly the most famous stereo power amplifier ever made. The Crown DC300A was first released in the early 1970s and sold in large numbers, world...
26
26

What's in the little RED box.
Jumper lead. Guess before you get to disassembly.