Pass-through 50 Ohm BNC terminators?

Does anyone have a secret source of BNC 50 Ohm pass-through (or in-line) te rminators, like:

T2944C-50-ND/9826334

for less than $40? 75 Ohm passthroughs are cheap -- I guess it's a common problem in the video world -- but not 50 Ohm. We go through them by the do zens, and it adds up. We've even made our own, but by the time you factor in labor, it's $40, like some sort of universal constant. Thx, Jim MacA

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

tirsdag den 22. september 2020 kl. 23.56.41 UTC+2 skrev Jim MacArthur:

terminators, like:

/CT2944C-50-ND/9826334

n problem in the video world -- but not 50 Ohm. We go through them by the dozens, and it adds up. We've even made our own, but by the time you fact or in labor, it's $40, like some sort of universal constant.

how critical are they? here's 5 for ~$13

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

) terminators, like:

50/CT2944C-50-ND/9826334

on problem in the video world -- but not 50 Ohm. We go through them by the dozens, and it adds up. We've even made our own, but by the time you factor in labor, it's $40, like some sort of universal constant.

Works for me. Thanks!

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

Try Amazon for "50 ohm feed thru terminator"

2 for $10, free shipping with Prime.

I've been real happy with super-cheap SMA and SMB thru-hole and edge-launch connectors from Amazon. I use them on breadboards, and we buy better stuff for production.

Nice SMA and BNC cables, too. And scope probes.

And chocolate.

What is the highest operating frequency? How much power is it expected to dissipate? If it's low frequency and low power, a BNC T-connector and a common 50 ohm terminator should suffice. However, if you want flat response into the GHz range, and/or high power dissipation, it will be expensive. Or, you could take your chances with a used termination from eBay.

50 ohm BNC feedthrough terminator:

BNC T-connector:

50 ohm BNC Terminator:
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Or, just make your own 50 ohm BNC feed through terminators:

-- Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com

150 Felker St #D
Santa Cruz CA 95060
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I recently bought a bunch of 10-watt attenuators from Amazon.

TDR/TDT:

They ring a little at around 10 GHz.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Thx all. The classic application is the client moving digital triggers aro und a lab through 30 feet of coax. So they've already lost the game, not u nlike the Lakers, but sometimes a terminator will help clean things up. An d the BNC Tee + terminator is our stock solution, but clunky when you've go t a rack panel full of them. In the DIY department, I've used this:

for custom filters and such, but too much effort to make terminators. I gr abbed a bunch of Amazon terminators. I'm sure they'll be good enough for w hat they'll be used for.

-Jim

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

That sounds gross.

Turns out that we don't buy much chocolate from Amazon any more. We have business accounts with Lundt and Ghirardelli now, about half the price.

I think we have a similar arrangement for coffee. Gotta keep those engineers stimulated.