OT: Flyguy is a Biden-fianced sock-puppet?

Flyguy seems to exists to draw attention to Donald Trump's sillier ideas.

He seems more likely to be an artificial intelligence machine rather than anybody real - nobody real could be quite that stupid, and the idea that he owns a plane and is allowed to fly it is remarkably implausible.

His responses will be based all the responses posted here over the years, which does explain the similarities to John Larkin, who is probably still the person who has posted ore stuff here than anybody else.

Artificial intelligence programs have got pretty good at producing superficially plausible responses, and that what Flyguy does.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Mike Coon

Typo strikes again. It should have been "Biden-financed".

Flyguy certainly doesn't make Trump look good, though he claims to support him and does echo Trump's more bizarre (and implausible) claims.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cut Sloman some slack. He's obviously not well. It's better for everyone to just ignore him.

Discuss electronics instead of clucking like old hens.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

If my brain had degenerated enough to share John Larkin's enthusiasm for right-wing propaganda aimed at gullible twits, he wouldn't see this as a pr oblem.

John Larkin ignores everything that conflicts with is preferred delusions. It's not an approach that anybody sane would recommend.

Not something that John Larkin can manage. He tells us about stuff he has d one from time to time, but discussions how he might have done it better don 't interest him at all. Mention a special purpose transformer, and he will deliver his pre-programed spiel about how difficult it is to get them wound and how you can use stuff that you can - sometimes - buy off the shelf tha t was designed for some other application. That does sound very like an old hen clucking.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

==================

** Yeah, Trump is bat shit crazy - crazy like a fox.

** Don't bet any money on that.

Was it not Albert E. who said that while there are strict limits to human intelligence, there is NO limit to human stupidity ?

** Bill has obviously not met many light aviation pilots. Have a few among my customer base & several acquaintances - would not get on board with ANY of them.
** " Superficially intelligent responses " ??

Nice turn of phrase, like the theoretical Turing Machine - right ?

Could it be this NG was taken over by them, years ago ?

How can you tell ??

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

s.

intelligence, there is NO limit to human stupidity ?

on board with ANY of them.

The people who do it aren't risk averse, but Flyguy does to be particularly stupid.

There's absolutely nothing intelligent in any of Flyguy's posts.

A Turing machine is merely any programmable device. What you might be think ing of is the "Turing Test" which is applied to a program which can respond to human input in roughly the same way a human would.

Seems unlikely. Anybody who put together a program that did that well would have boasted about it.

Good question. Provoking Eliza into producing obvious nonsense was relative ly easy for people who understood how the program worked. Sadly, our ostens ibly human posters here produce a lot of obvious nonsense without any provo cation - John Larkin gets his from climate change denial propaganda web-sit es, and Flyguy seems to rely on Trump's election propaganda.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You obviously aren't a pilot, so commenting about them is totally out of your league. I suggest that you research what it takes to become a certified private pilot and what it takes to maintain that certification.

Reply to
Flyguy

et on board with ANY of them.

your league. I suggest that you research what it takes to become a certifie d private pilot and what it takes to maintain that certification.

You have to fly a certain number of hours per year. This is what makes me s ceptical about your claim. If you made the same kind of idiotic mistakes wh ile flying as you make in your posts, as frequently as you make them in you r posts, you'd have long since flown your plane into the ground.

Light aviation offers lots of chances to make life-ending mistakes, and you do seem enthusiastic about making them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

anybody real - nobody real could be quite that stupid, and the idea that h e owns a plane and is allowed to fly it is remarkably implausible.

which does explain the similarities to John Larkin, who is probably still the person who has posted ore stuff here than anybody else.

icially plausible responses, and that what Flyguy does.

I have wondered about this point after reading a number of FG's posts. At one point, I worked in this area and was aware of a technique of human-guid ed tuning of AI systems. The style, content and phrasing of the postings s uggest this. (It could also be indicative of someone who mindlessly just l ikes to keep echoing the party line) "With the internet, nobody knows that you are a dog"....

Reply to
three_jeeps

s.

an anybody real - nobody real could be quite that stupid, and the idea that he owns a plane and is allowed to fly it is remarkably implausible.

s, which does explain the similarities to John Larkin, who is probably stil l the person who has posted ore stuff here than anybody else.

rficially plausible responses, and that what Flyguy does.

t one point, I worked in this area and was aware of a technique of human-gu ided tuning of AI systems. The style, content and phrasing of the postings suggest this. (It could also be indicative of someone who mindlessly just likes to keep echoing the party line)

LOL! Let's see: if I am the product of Artificial Intelligence, then SL0W M AN is the product of Real Stupidity.

Reply to
Flyguy

s.

He didn't say Trump is crazy. He said his ideas are silly and they are oft en. Once in a while he does something worth while, but they are far oversh adowed by his silly ideas.

He is a megalomaniac. I don't think that is technically "crazy".

intelligence, there is NO limit to human stupidity ?

Lol! So you are agreeing that Trump's actions are stupid beyond what most people would call simple stupidity into a special domain only recognized by Einstein?

on board with ANY of them.

Yes, how can we really tell? One way is that most people don't use strong profanity except in certain extenuating circumstances. So it is unlikely an AI program would be designed to use profanity so widely as some people in this group. So they are very unlikely to be AI.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

eas.

than anybody real - nobody real could be quite that stupid, and the idea th at he owns a plane and is allowed to fly it is remarkably implausible.

ars, which does explain the similarities to John Larkin, who is probably st ill the person who has posted ore stuff here than anybody else.

perficially plausible responses, and that what Flyguy does.

At one point, I worked in this area and was aware of a technique of human-g uided tuning of AI systems. The style, content and phrasing of the postings suggest this. (It could also be indicative of someone who mindlessly just likes to keep echoing the party line)

an is the product of Real Stupidity.

As usual Flyguy gets it wrong. Flyguy himself wouldn't be the product of ar tificial intelligence - the remarkably stupid posts that are designed to lo ok as if they were produced by an idiot named Flyguy would be that product.

I'm merely the product of evolution, which hasn't got any intelligence at a ll. What we are discussing is what gets posted here, and Flyguy - if he exi sts - doesn't seem to recognise the stupidity of the posts that are suppose d to come from him. His claims about the performance of other posters refle cts the same problem.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to