OT: More Left-Wing Insanity

They won't stop until they're stopped. Petty interference in people's private lives; imposing arbitrary rules curbing personal freedoms to a degree never before seen. This is the reality of Left-Wing governments in the West today.

Don't think it could happen in the US? Better think again.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Fred Bloggs

Makes the employees less likely to get lung cancer and heart disease. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

You wouldn't complain if they were forbidden to drink alcohol, shoot up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the same way as other addictive drugs.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump wants you to try all sorts of random drugs except weed

Reply to
bitrex

Hey SL0W MAN,

Another one of your demented false comparisons: people are generally allowed to smoke at work in designated areas - not so with intoxicants.

Reply to
Flyguy

But nicotine is an intoxicant. It isn't quite as obviously damaging as ethanol or opiates, but it does affect peoples behavior. As more of us get to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is getting around to minimising them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

like coffee?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Hey SL0W MAN,

You may be on to something - that may explain Obummer's aberrant behavior!

Reply to
Flyguy

rote:

le's

to a

ments

e. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

t up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the sa me way as other addictive drugs.

allowed to smoke at work in designated areas - not so with intoxicants.

ethanol or opiates, but it does affect peoples behavior. As more of us get to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is gett ing around to minimising them.

!

Your idea of aberrant behavior involves actions that you don't approve of. Obama is intelligent, you are stupid and it follows that he did things for reasons that you didn't understand and consequently couldn't approve of (ev en if they were correct - as they seem to have been).

Lots of people smoke and still perform reasonably well - my father was heav y smoker all through the time he racked up some 25 patents - and Obama defi nitely performs at a high level, even if is a level that's quite a bit hig her than you can know anything about.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

:

nd nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the same w ay as other addictive drugs.

I cut my caffeine consumption dramatically when I realised that I was addic ted to the stuff. I still use it when I do have to look as if I'm awake eve n though I'm being bored out of my skull - meetings with marketing were pa rticularly difficult, and my boss didn't like it if I started dozing off du ring the more predictable expositions.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e:

ople's

ms to a

rnments

ase. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

oot up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea o f the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the same way as other addictive drugs.

y allowed to smoke at work in designated areas - not so with intoxicants.

s ethanol or opiates, but it does affect peoples behavior. As more of us ge t to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is ge tting around to minimising them.

or!

. Obama is intelligent, you are stupid and it follows that he did things fo r reasons that you didn't understand and consequently couldn't approve of ( even if they were correct - as they seem to have been).

avy smoker all through the time he racked up some 25 patents - and Obama de finitely performs at a high level, even if is a level that's quite a bit h igher than you can know anything about.

LOL!

Hey SL0W MAN,

First, you say "but it does affect peoples behavior" and then you say it do esn't! You just got caught in a contradiction! But, I doubt that you apprec iated the implication. BTW, it's people's, not peoples.

Reply to
Flyguy

e:

te:

's

o a

nts

And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of th e damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the same way as other addictive drugs.

icted to the stuff. I still use it when I do have to look as if I'm awake e ven though I'm being bored out of my skull - meetings with marketing were particularly difficult, and my boss didn't like it if I started dozing off during the more predictable expositions.

HA HA HA HA!

Hey SL0W MAN, you just CONFIRMED my analysis of your over-inflated image of yourself!! You can't even stay awake when someone else is talking!!!

Reply to
Flyguy

:

ote:

people's

doms to a

vernments

sease. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

shoot up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in th e same way as other addictive drugs.

lly allowed to smoke at work in designated areas - not so with intoxicants.

as ethanol or opiates, but it does affect people's behavior. As more of us get to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is getting around to minimising them.

vior!

of. Obama is intelligent, you are stupid and it follows that he did things for reasons that you didn't understand and consequently couldn't approve of (even if they were correct - as they seem to have been).

heavy smoker all through the time he racked up some 25 patents - and Obama definitely performs at a high level, even if is a level that's quite a bit higher than you can know anything about.

doesn't! You just got caught in a contradiction! But, I doubt that you app reciated the implication.

But I clearly did. "Lots of people smoke and still perform reasonably well" addresses one aspect of their behavior, not all of it, and "lots of people " leaves room for the rest who don't perform as well. You grasp of what was being implied is obviously defective - as it always is.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ote:

rote:

le's

to a

ments

e. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

t up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the sa me way as other addictive drugs.

ddicted to the stuff. I still use it when I do have to look as if I'm awake even though I'm being bored out of my skull - meetings with marketing were particularly difficult, and my boss didn't like it if I started dozing off during the more predictable expositions.

of yourself!! You can't even stay awake when someone else is talking!!!

I did. I just couldn't manage to look focussed and attentive for half an ho ur at a time while listening to predictable nonsense without a small shot o f coffee.

My boss had married a Japanese wife while he was on a post-doc in Japan, an d had positively Japanese expectations about being properly respectful to s enior staff even when they were evidencing senior moments. Australia is les s heirachical.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to