Windows 7 is garbage

--
Perhaps he wasn't when he first started work, and then...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Grits alone has almost no taste, maybe a slightly bitter pasta/corn sort of effect. It is a substrate for salt, pepper, shrimp, hash, short ribs, cheese, eggs, things like that. The combination can be wonderful.

Quick and easy, too.

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 13:38:52 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

Some attempt at making my statement into an insult?

Quite beneath you. Or at least what I once thought of you.

My point was that, in Usenet in particular, there is no need to use characters which require specialized character set choices to be made to receive, quote or send a post.

There are several 'americanized' terms in use in our nation, and that has been the case for decades, if not centuries.

cliche repartee etc., etc.

Even in science.

uH

uF

uW

etc., etc.

There is a time and a place to utilize "full formality" in such an area. In Usenet, one might as well refer to it as 'fool formality', because it is miles over the heads of over half the readers.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 14:01:42 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

A bit more than a charged rug. He seems to have far more knowledge and experience than Philbrook has.

I once (only once ever) made contact with the output of a 50kV HV supply and it charged me up.

It was a good thing my shoes were new, and my feet dry, because I was standing on a concrete production floor and the return of the supply was definitely not floating. I definitely got charged up and would likely have arced to the floor had I remained in contact.

I let a good bit of my charged body dissipate before I went and dumped the rest into a mat.

That supply ended up at LANL. 50kV @ 250 W. It definitely would have killed me.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

--
Salt and pepper are the doping agents for the substrate and should be
stirred in while the grits are cooking.

Once the cooking's done, the "topping" should be ladled on top of
individual portions of the finished grits, just before they're served,
so that everyone gets a chance to dig out how much topping and how
much grits they want per spoonful.

YMMV

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Oh no! We've been doing it wrong all these years! We've been letting people decide how much butter, salt, and pepper they want.

(I think the butter and pepper taste better if they are a little differentiated, not dispersed and diluted.)

So many rules!

I do assemble shrimp-and-grits at the stove, not at the table. Some people don't like much salt, some are crazy salt fiends. I let them tune that.

For fried grits, we put berries and warm maple syrup on the table.

That's only 5 ma, assuming the supply current limits. That's not very dangerous, but any stored charge might be. Something like 10 joules is considered the danger threshold.

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 13:55:45 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

You're an idiot. A 2kV supply at 5mA will kill you. 50kV absolutely will.

In the 2kV case, that it what it supplies to a 5mA load circumstance. The instantaneous current through a short into a human is much higher and will fibrillate your heart... in a heartbeat. The supply has stored energy. Otherwise it is full of ripple and is not a true DC supply.

In the case of the LANL supply, it is much worse. It supplies the 5mA at 50kV for an X-ray device. The key to good X-ray imagery is a VERY clean HVDC supply rail. That is how one achieves excellent contrast ratios in the imagery. To get that ripple down to near nil numbers, there is usually a lot of storage on the outputs. A bank of 50kV poly caps is nothing to wave off as harmless.

You know NOTHING about an HV supply.

You know nothing about HV. Your claim of knowledge is what is 'very dangerous'.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

--
So, according to you, punctuation should be reduced to the lowest
common denominator?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

No, you're the type who would threaten people's lifestyle simply because you disagree. Asshole, IOW.

Reply to
krw

How is 5 mA any different from 5 mA?

That's what I said and you snipped: capacitive stored energy can be dangerous.

You always snip things that are inconvenient. Or that you can't understand.

Depends on the values. A high-frequency 5 mA supply won't need much output capacitance. Do the math. Keep the caps small to save dollars and lives.

What was the frequency of that supply? How big were the caps?

I'm designing a HV supply right now, part of this dual PLZT pulser. Only 1400 volts, 200 KHz sorta-flyback, and under 1 joule stored energy, so it will bite but not kill.

I'll post my schematic if you'll post yours.

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:37:55 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

It isn't an "according to me" thing.

It is a Usenet thing, which you ignored completely, as well as answering up on your insult jab.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:07:56 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

JF... *this* is what the psychs call "projection".

He really is not worth anyone's time.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You don't remember, if you ever knew.

You posted one illegible screen shot, years ago, which you couldn't explain.

And I didn't start the insults: you did.

You're a laughing stock, one that wouldn't last very long at our astablishment.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 18:26:48 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

I know exactly what it was, dumbfuck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:48:50 -0500, M Philbrook Gave us:

Since you can't even spell the word, I doubt you are part of one. You are a child, at best.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

So you'll be voting for Hillary ...

Neither of the Republican front-runners seems to be more attractive than Attila the Hun - who seemed to be at least able to negotiate.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No, you forgot. Or somebody else designed it.

Gerber code allows what one could call subtraction, which is essentially what you are talking about.

Reply to
Robert Baer