Windows 7 is garbage

You should know. You're exactly the type.

Reply to
krw

You must either have missed the part about if you can: "take a day or
so out of your busy USENET life" to build it or else, since it didn't
come out of your camp, you've glibly tossed it off as unimportant.

Must be tough to be a narcissist.

I'll bet you got beat up a lot when you were a kid, yes?

Interesting trick about white grits: stir in a little honey when you

JF
Reply to
John Fields

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:25:47 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

You are nothing more than a presumptuous bastard to state something so stupid. when you have no clue what anyone has or has not *ever* done.

You spent years making petty, childish mouthings about me, claiming that I did not work in the field.

After your retarded remark about the spiral, I would say that you have been in management for so long that you actually do not know any real engineering any longer. If you ever did. (how does it feel, asshole)

Some analysts call this behavior you exhibit "projection".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:37:32 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

In a post BY ME, which you responded to with an opening heading which was you quoting me. Just because the Usenet attribute characters, etc.. show that it was him you were commenting to, you did this, and it was HIS post you should have hit reply to and quoted and responded to, and THEN mine.

I am sorry if you fail to see the common sense logic in that, but that is how it is, and not all readers of Usenet understand quoting attributes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:37:32 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

The crap Bill and Hillary has pulled is all over the news and the Internet.

The fact that you are backing them up surprisingly shows that you are a (simple) democrat, and the horse blinders are firmly glued upon your eyes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

We call them an SE, "Shoulder Educated".

And from there, they stake a claim of : "Done that for 30 years"

So the theory of TIME varying must be true, because slowman can get 30 years of experience in 5 seconds.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 19:12:29 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

I love bland food. Like, I'll eat a baby red potato or two plain.

But grits... that is one (bland) food I cannot handle without flavor enhancement.

Btw, one can use the Americanized form of the term. No need to invoke a specialized character set. voila works just fine for those of us with a modicum of intelligence.

--
Ad hominem again.

It's interesting that whenever your feet are put to the fire, instead
of quelling the flames with reasoned discourse, and admitting defeat
when it's obvious, you choose to vilify the critic and hope for
miracles to save you from having to admit - to yourself even - that
you made a mistake.

Must be tough being a narcissist...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
No solution, huh?

Instead, just more of your diversionary bullshit?

What a surprise...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

s:

numbers

get

u,

sn't want to admit the depths he's been reduced to.

ur shop.

The Cambridge Instruments electron microscopes tended to offer up to 30kV a t the cathode. Electron beam microfabricator clients were known to want mor e - up to about 100kV - which was a problem because hydrocarbon contaminati on near the electron gun had a nasty habit of building up in sharp peaks th at got carbonised and conductive under electron bombardment, and became col d field emitters which rapidly progressed to hot-field emitters and - brief ly - electric arcs. A better vacuum in the vicinity if the gun might have h elped, but seemed to demand more mechanical redesign than management were w illing to pay for - I don't think that we ever sold more than ten electron beam microfabricators a year which - even at a million dollars or so per ma chine - didn't pay for a lot of development.

There was a technique - called spot-knocking - that got rid of the spikey c arbon accumulations. All good clean fun, but not the basis for a significan t amount of business.

There were some megavolt electron microscopes - at least one in France, for a start. The outside of the column was apparently surrounded by pressurise d gas - sulphur hexafluoride or the like.

When I was a postgraduate in Melbourne, Alex Strojnik (the father, not the son) spent a year building a 600kV scanning electron microscope for the Mel bourne Physics department, with the high voltage stuff in a tank of transfo rmer oil. The graduate students that used it after he left didn't like it m uch.

You'd be making hard X-rays for industrial imaging - probably weld inspecti on.

Crude stuff.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw hasn't got a clue, but is too confident about his own opinions to be aware of this.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Jamie does seem to have rubbed shoulders with people who probably knew what they were doing. Left to his own devices near mega-volt electronics he'd otherwise have vapourised himself by now.

Most people seem to need about five seconds to get the experience that Jamie seems to have accumulated over his life-time. If he had been drinking unpasteurised milk for thirty years, he probably would have experienced TB of the brain by now, which could explain his current cognitive performance.

It seems unlikely that anybody would have let him near megavolt electronics if he had been as dim when he started work as he clearly is now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw probably hasn't noticed that John Fields posts circuits from time to time, and has engaged in constructive discussion about how they might be changed to work better.

Krw isn't the type to pay attention to stuff like that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
Good on him.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Perhaps, but I don't live in fear of someone contacting my boss.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
When I in-line post, I reply to the part of the post directly
preceding mine, the author of which shouldn't be too hard to figure

--
On the contrary, I'm taking a neutral position until I see some hard
facts that can sway my resolve.

Seems to me that you and the media have a great deal in common in that
you want public opinion to to be swayed by your own leanings, and I'm
not that impressed with the veracity of the self-serving media.

As far as political leanings go, I'm just a little to the right of
Attila the Hun. ;)
Reply to
John Fields

--
Geez, thanks for the tip!

modicum:

"A small quantity of a particular thing, especially something
considered desirable or valuable."

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Nice. :)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
A confidence which springs from myopia, methinks.

JF
Reply to
John Fields