Windows 7 is garbage

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:07:31 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

That's what *he* said.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Without an example. Feet to fire? As if.

What has happened to The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?

Everybody seems to be afraid of everything lately. Terrorism. Warming. Being Incorrect. Gluten. Guns. GMOs. Vaccines. Being Unfriended.

Good engineering takes guts, not delicate feelings, not safe spaces.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:37:05 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

snip

Here is (was) a really good person...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

--
How do you figure that?
Reply to

You're always whining about feelings and personalities and who said what when. That's my-o-my old hen behavior. This group is about designing electronics.

If you think I have too much to say about electronics, then say something about electronics yourself.

OK, your turn to whine some more:

The trouble with whining about other peoples posts is that it too is old hen behavior.

John Fields has been known to do that. I think one of his complaints is that you have too much to say about relatively trivial electronics - stuff that you wouldn't pay any attention to if anybody else posted it.

A regular whine-festival.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
This group is, indeed, about designing electronics, but my point -
which you seem to have missed - was that according to you, whenever

And then, when your use of the group to voice your non-electronic
design opinions is challenged, instead of using beautifully neutral
logical discourse to take the high ground, you revert to the violence
of an irrelevant ad hominem attack as an attempt to intimidate your
critics into silence.

That's hardly the way a civilized being not willing to admit defeat
without a battle to the death would act.
Reply to
John Fields

Sorry if I intimidate you. Maybe you need some assertiveness training or something.

Cite? I don't call people stupid, as lots of people do here. I do call them wrong sometimes, usually when they are wrong.

Design anything interesting lately?

I haven't designed a tracking ADC in about 40 years. Why bother?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin fails reading comprehension. The complaint was that he tried to intimidate people. John Fields clearly wasn't intimidated and in truth Joh n Larkins attempts at intimidation are distinctly pathetic.

John Fields doesn't need any extra assertiveness training - he's sufficient ly energetic asserting his point of view when he's wrong that one can be co nfident that he doesn't need any more training than he has already had.

You do tend to imply that they shouldn't be posting off-topic stuff, usuall y after you've been called for posting off-topic nonsense (which you do a l ot).

There you go again ...

I'm sure that there are specific applications for which it is exactly the r ight solution. I haven't run into one yet, but there are a lot of applicati ons out there that I don't know much about, and the fact that you haven't e ither doesn't mean that it can't be a useful technique.

My 1996 temperature controller relied on a variation of pulse-width-modulat ion that I'd thought up twenty years earlier, but hadn't chosen to build in to the system that I'd been working on back then ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:28:43 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman Gave us:

The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.

Sun Tzu

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

--
Same thing all over again: Instead of impugning the veracity of the
critcism, you change the subject.  Seems to me like _you're_ the one

I think Windows is great and currently use Windows 10.

I have used Windows since it first came out and it has slowly got better.

I also write programs for Windows PC's and haven't really had many problems.

Reply to
Roger_the_Dodger

Indeed, and if/when, I'm eventually proven wrong, I acquisce.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 19:48:07 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

Heheheh... :-) acquiesce

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Aargh!... Nice catch :) We can't all be right all the time, so thanks for the come-uppance.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

On Sun, 06 Dec 2015 16:23:57 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

According to some here, I never am.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If you were reliably wrong, you'd be more useful. For a while you were the leading contender for the title, but Jamie and Joey Hey seem to have pushed you aside. They aren't any more reliable, but they are more frequently - and more flagrantly - wrong.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
This seems to be pretty much a cut-throat community, so if you want
your premises to be defensible you need to couch your statements in

JF
Reply to
John Fields