HP Selling New PCs with Windows 7 Again

Have you been thinking about buying a new computer, but you can?t stand the idea of dealing with Windows 8 and its lack of a true Start menu? Apparently, you?re not alone and the PC companies are hearing your cries, starting with the folks at HP.

Read more at

-- Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.

Now 50% OFF. Only $18 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:

The World's Cheapest Computer: DuinoMite the PIC32 $20 Basic Computer-MicroController

Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

Reply to
Don McKenzie

It should really come as no big surprise; given the penetration of Windows 8 into the corporate sector (the main income source for the likes of HP and Dell) is far lower than even Vista, they were really beginning to hurt with their main source of income drying up.

Altogether, this is a _very_ good thing.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Since some follow ups appear to also assume Windows 7 PCs are rare I thought I should post the UPDATE/CORRECTION that is appended to your source.

Reply to
Gordon Levi

It's going round. Just bought a new Lenovo with Win7 pro, plus a licence for Win8 (which went straight in the bin, figuratively).

Reply to
Bruce Varley